News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[Updated] Release 2.0.21 G

Started by Milbo, May 23, 2013, 19:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumbo!

Found another small bug.

"Category Form Initial Display Records" is not working. Unable to limit the initiate number of products to be displayed in Category Product Listing page. It was working fine till 2.0.20b. Please check.
One Page Checkout for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-one-page-checkout"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-one-page-checkout[/url]
VirtueMart Email Manager - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager[/url]
Conversion Tracking for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-conversion-tracking"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-conversion-tracking[/url]
Reports for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vm-reporter"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vm-reporter[/url]
Responsive VirtueMart Templates - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/joomla-templates/"]www.virtueplanet.com/joomla-templates/[/url]

lindapowers

First of all thanks for the big improvements in the system.

Since I can't find any reference to this in the roadmap and using VM2 daily as we do in our shop please consider adding an order batch update in the list orders view, it would save hours of work for shop owners.

Is a bit of a pain having to click each order one by one selecting the new order status to update it.

If we could select orders a simple "change orders to" - shipped, confirmed, etc would be great.

Or if any of the coders and 3rd party developers use a patch for it please share it with the VM team, is one of those little things missing that really improves the daily work for shop owners,

Regards
[url="https://www.lluislaw.com"]https://www.lluislaw.com[/url] -

vladsklyar

Custom fields - are not sorted virtuemart 2.0.20b
as affairs with 2.0.21c

konstantin-shkodskih

a small bug in the code of backednd part: in 'Debug Language' mode, when the code is inserted into inbuild JavaScript tag from constant value 'COM_VIRTUEMART_JS_STRINGS' error occurs, because Joomla adds an asterisks '**' at the beginning and end of the line.

result:

page: /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config
file: /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/adminui.php   
position: strings 58-60

reinhold

Quote from: CarlosC on May 28, 2013, 21:12:19 PM
At first, thanks to Reinold for the new invoice-tool.
You're welcome...

The fields "Textfeld unterer Rand:" and "Brieffuß Rand" are interchanged. The left value have to be lower then the right to get them viewed. But that is not the logic of the site geometries.

I can't reproduce the problem. The left value gives the margin of the invoice contents to the page border, while the right value specifies where the (top of the) footer will be placed.

Here, if the left value is smaller than the right, then the invoice contents will overprint the footer...

QuoteUsing the JCE-Editor comes to a fault. After deleting the HTML in the editor it works fine. It seams the footer takes the css inherit of the editor.

Do you have an example?

QuoteThe note in the update status popup of the order edit view is no longer printed in the confirmation email in the pdf it is.
The contents of the confirmation mail were not changed by my patch at all. But I noticed a while ago that the note didn't have any effect (I just assumed that this was one of the features not yet properly implemented in VM2).

QuoteSome translations in the mails are not translated but in the pdf they are.

Can you please list all untranslated strings you encountered?

Thanks,
Reinhold

Stonedfury

Did the add to cart URL or parameters get changed? This link works in 2.0.20b but in this version it adds the currently viewed product along with the item clicked in the link.
$addtocart_url = JRoute::_ ('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=add&quantity[]=1&virtuemart_product_id[]=' . $product->virtuemart_product_id . '&virtuemart_category_id[]=' . $product->virtuemart_category_id); ?>
    <a href="<?php echo $addtocart_url ?>">Add to Cart</a></span>

The vm cart doesnt seem to update though. I am using the default Joomla Beez20 template (not the parks) with all default module locations. So far a major improvement on the VM product!
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

Milbo

Activate the Facebox, maybe it is in your case connected to it, because our button has no link. It is done by ajax or by the form. Which is in fact the "same".
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

CarlosC

Hallo Reinhold,

it is a bit obscure but at my testsite the footer will only be placed korrect  if the left value is smaller than the right one, othervise then the invoice contents will overprint the footer... .
But never mind, if there is no one else with this behavior, it seams to be a local problem. May be you could tell me the files wich are afected to this so that I could compare the orig. files with my installation.

"Using the JCE-Editor...."

My stupid beginner mistake. I made a copy and paste of the variables "{vm:pagecount}, {vm:vendorname}, {vm:vendorimage}, {vm:vendoraddress}" out of the explenation at the bottom. So I made also a copy of the Editor-HTML.
After doing a direct type in, it works!

Translations:

Quote from: CarlosC on May 29, 2013, 12:00:40 PM
Thanks Milbo for the quick response,

I see some english no langkeys, but most is korrect translated in german.

For example:
In the file details_items.php the "COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_SUBTOTAL_DISCOUNT_AMOUNT" translation is in the de-DE.com_virtuemart.ini and it is printed korrect in the view cart\tmpl\default.php and in the php-documents.
But in the mails it is english.

Registration mail vendor: Title, First Name, Last Name, Zip, City, Country, :BT are not
Registration mail shopper:Title, First Name, Last Name, Zip, City, Country are not

Confirmation mail vendor: SKU, Product status Price Qty Tax Discount, Total are not
Confirmation mail shopper: same
so the same at Confirmation mail update.

I tryed to find the 3 new lang_files for config, the orders and shopperfields, but didn't find them. wich files did you mean?

Best regards Carlos

I hope this will help.
Best regards Carlos

Jumbo!

Milbo, it looks like another bug.

If you try to call normal custom fields (non-cart attribute type) in Category page or in Product Module the custom field array ($product->customfields) sometimes return as null or empty. If only view the same product in product details view then it works fine. I tested this with VM 2.0.20b and it works fine.

This seems like a bug when you try to show of custom fields for all products in product listing pages / areas and when the call is made in loop for all products.

Can you please look into this? I will wait for your response.
One Page Checkout for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-one-page-checkout"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-one-page-checkout[/url]
VirtueMart Email Manager - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager[/url]
Conversion Tracking for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-conversion-tracking"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-conversion-tracking[/url]
Reports for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vm-reporter"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vm-reporter[/url]
Responsive VirtueMart Templates - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/joomla-templates/"]www.virtueplanet.com/joomla-templates/[/url]

Stonedfury

On an updated demo site I added 2 demo products to a new category and when I went to update the image, the thumb url was not returned to the db and the link included (Default URL)image/etc... When I removed the (Default URL) from the url params it was inserted as normal but again returned with (Default URL)image/etc... You can save with that text now and the url in the db table is still good. Does not save the (Default URL)

[attachment cleanup by admin]
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

Stonedfury

Quote from: Milbo on June 03, 2013, 21:18:11 PM
Activate the Facebox, maybe it is in your case connected to it, because our button has no link. It is done by ajax or by the form. Which is in fact the "same".
I had to disable the fancybox clear cache, then enable fancybox again. Now works just fine.

Milbo

Quote from: Stonedfury on June 04, 2013, 21:22:20 PM
On an updated demo site I added 2 demo products to a new category and when I went to update the image, the thumb url was not returned to the db and the link included (Default URL)image/etc... When I removed the (Default URL) from the url params it was inserted as normal but again returned with (Default URL)image/etc... You can save with that text now and the url in the db table is still good. Does not save the (Default URL)

This is correct. The old behviour was to store the thumbnail relative URL in the db. This URL is anyway generated. So as long you do not use an URL which is different than the default, then no URL is stored. The reason is that we can now quite comfortable change the thumbnail size. Before, when you deleted the old thumbnails, the URL was still written and no new image was generated.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

Stonedfury

That brings up a question and  I also noticed an issue.

First my question. How do I now retrieve the new thumb url? I have a working customers who last bought and if VM does not insert the URL into the db my module wont load the image. Where does it store the relative url?

Bug/Issue - This is also affected other features such as latest, featured, top ten, and popular/best seller
See attached image.

www.demo.stonedfury.com Joomla 2.5.11 Virtuemart 2.0.21c php 5.3 Linux

Joomla has only one component installed (akeeba backup) 1 non stock template - VP_Promart - However currently set to use only stock Beez20 (not parks)

EDIT: I went into the BE "tool" and reset media and while this fixed sizes it did not fix the updated product media thumb as well. "hammer"  and broke all images in the module as it tries to retrieve the file_thumb_url

Product BE also not displaying thumb

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Quote from: Jumbo! on June 04, 2013, 21:01:02 PM
Milbo, it looks like another bug.

If you try to call normal custom fields (non-cart attribute type) in Category page or in Product Module the custom field array ($product->customfields) sometimes return as null or empty. If only view the same product in product details view then it works fine. I tested this with VM 2.0.20b and it works fine.

This seems like a bug when you try to show of custom fields for all products in product listing pages / areas and when the call is made in loop for all products.

Can you please look into this? I will wait for your response.

I need your exact setup to reproduce it. And really exact. step by step.

Milbo

StonedFury the thumburl is stored in the media object itself and generated there. I am sorry, I do not understand your description of the problem. Did you execute the media thumb reset?