virtuemart can't save the products in another language (Not showing in backend)

Started by bhag, May 22, 2013, 11:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhag

I am using Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0.

My problem is as follows: I have a three Languages Joomla Site (EN/DE/DA) which runs perfect. I set up Virtuemart in German, English and Danish. Danish is my default language. I have just only a few Categories and about 15 Products. When I copy a product and set the language to "English" and save. The language jumps back to my default language Danish. So I can't save any product in the 2nd and 3nd language EN and DE on the backend.
The funny part is that on the frontend, the products are showing in the right language. 
Any idea where I made the mistake, or how to make it work?

Henrik Holm Nielsen

We have this exact same issue, and have had this for a while with various VM 2.x installs on J2.5.
I have never found a working solution despite having seen other treads regarding the issue, so any input to this would be very much appreciated.

Current staus is that we have the problem with J2.5.11 (and 2.5.9) and VM 2.0.20b (and VM 2.0.18)

Cheers :)
/Zorroson :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Billigt og professionelt design af din hjemmeside | Brug for en billig, flot og professionel hjemmeside?

Henrik Holm Nielsen

/Zorroson :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Billigt og professionelt design af din hjemmeside | Brug for en billig, flot og professionel hjemmeside?

e-trader

Yes I've had the same issue. Save a translation and it does not appear to save in the back-end, but shows on the front-end. Are you using internet explorer? The behavior seems to be browser related. I works normally by using another browser (firefox).

jjk

Quote from: Henrik Holm Nielsen on May 22, 2013, 11:51:21 AM
We have this exact same issue, and have had this for a while with various VM 2.x installs on J2.5.
I have never found a working solution despite having seen other treads regarding the issue, so any input to this would be very much appreciated.
Just noticed your recent post about this in the JCK editor forum. I don't know which piece of code is responsible for the fact that only TinyMCE and JCE editors can save translations in VM. The only hint I can give is this old post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103062.msg343425#msg343425
Seems that nobody found a better solution yet.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations