News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Button add to cart very slowly (2 -3 sec) add products to cart

Started by andrai2, May 21, 2013, 14:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrai2

Hello!

I have virtuemart site and my problem is that Button add to cart very slowly (2 -3 sec) add products to cart, what can i do that button worked faster.

I have putt add to car button to category layout (as i read in forum), but when i press button, i have to wait some seconds befere product is added to cart, clients dont like to wait.

The problem that when i press add to cart I have to wait 2-3 sec before product is added to cart

What could be the problem maybe someone knows...?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

If you are on a crowded shared server then things will always tend to run slow, so you may need to look at that aspect. However, some people are running VirtueMart on commercial templates which are laden down with additional script overheads which causes slow functions. My understanding is that adding to cart from a category will run slower than from a proper product details page. Have you compared the two. I assume you are using J2.5.11 with VM2.0.20a.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

andrai2

Tahnks for answer

O sorry, i have joomla 2.5.11 and joomla 2.2.20b

clean test instaltion also is slow on my europe caountry servery

add to cart ir procesing slow on details page and on category page, but you are right about server i have one virtuemart site on one.com server, the add to cart button is procesing very fast

can ask server to make specific configuration or changes...? So that add to car button is procesing faster..?

jenkinhill

If a server is already overloaded then there is nothing you can really do except move to a better host - or maybe there is an option to be on a better server with your current host, but that would cost more.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum