News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

"Will Call" Pickup

Started by DaveOzric, May 20, 2013, 22:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveOzric

Hello, I am setting up this shopping cart for a Non-profit organization that is selling admissions to events that they then pickup the ticket at the event, or should I say check-in. There really is no ticket or anything.

Is there a way to not have any shipping or download, just a pay only option where they use their reciept for the ticket?

Maybe I am missing something and it's too simple and that's why I can't find any reference to it. Everyone else is referencing downloads or some digital items, I am not looking for that.

Thanks

PRO

just setup a shipping method, where everything is free shipping.

THEN,

edit the cart page, to where there is no "Add shipping address"

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0

DaveOzric

Quoteedit the cart page, to where there is no "Add shipping address"

Sorry, I couldn't find reference to this in that thread. Do you mean some hacking or is there a setting in the backend. I could not see any such setting.

PRO

Quote from: DaveOzric on May 21, 2013, 21:02:54 PM
Quoteedit the cart page, to where there is no "Add shipping address"

Sorry, I couldn't find reference to this in that thread. Do you mean some hacking or is there a setting in the backend. I could not see any such setting.

no, you are going to have to edit the cart template

default_pricelist.php

remove

<div class="output-shipto">
         <?php
         if (empty($this->cart->STaddress['fields'])) {
            echo JText::sprintf ('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_EDIT_BILLTO_EXPLAIN', JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_ADD_SHIPTO_LBL'));
         } else {
            if (!class_exists ('VmHtml')) {
               require(JPATH_VM_ADMINISTRATOR . DS . 'helpers' . DS . 'html.php');
            }
            echo JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_ST_SAME_AS_BT');
            echo VmHtml::checkbox ('STsameAsBTjs', $this->cart->STsameAsBT) . '<br />';
            ?>
            <div id="output-shipto-display">
               <?php
               foreach ($this->cart->STaddress['fields'] as $item) {
                  if (!empty($item['value'])) {
                     ?>
                     <!-- <span class="titles"><?php echo $item['title'] ?></span> -->
                     <?php
                     if ($item['name'] == 'first_name' || $item['name'] == 'middle_name' || $item['name'] == 'zip') {
                        ?>
                        <span class="values<?php echo '-' . $item['name'] ?>"><?php echo $this->escape ($item['value']) ?></span>
                        <?php } else { ?>
                        <span class="values"><?php echo $this->escape ($item['value']) ?></span>
                        <br class="clear"/>
                        <?php
                     }
                  }
               }
               ?>
            </div>
            <?php
         }
         ?>
         <div class="clear"></div>
      </div>

and remove

<a class="details" href="<?php echo JRoute::_ ('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editaddresscart&addrtype=ST&virtuemart_user_id[]=' . $this->cart->lists['current_id'], $this->useXHTML, $this->useSSL) ?>">
         <?php echo JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_ADD_SHIPTO_LBL'); ?>
      </a>

DaveOzric