News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM Admin Reviews

Started by Stonedfury, May 19, 2013, 20:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonedfury

It's not really a bug I suppose as more a layout and switch problem. When you are in the back end and look at reviews and ratings there is obviously something wrong. Date is what you click to edit review or approve then you have product name.. It's just layout out wrong somehow and never got addressed. Well it was driving me insane lately.

Open up your site and /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/ratings/tmpl/default.php  Look for <th><?php echo $this->sort('created_on''COM_VIRTUEMART_DATE') ; ?></th>

<th><?php echo $this->sort('product_name') ; ?></th>
replace with <th><?php echo $this->sort('product_name') ; ?></th>

<th><?php echo $this->sort('created_on''COM_VIRTUEMART_DATE') ; ?></th>
Then find <!-- Username + time -->

<?php $link 'index.php?option='.$option.'&view=ratings&task=listreviews&virtuemart_product_id='.$review->virtuemart_product_id?>

<td><?php echo JHTML::_('link'$link,vmJsApi::date($review->created_on,'LC2',true) , array("title" => JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_RATING_EDIT_TITLE'))); ?></td>

<!-- Product name -->

<?php $link 'index.php?option='.$option.'&view=product&task=edit&virtuemart_product_id='.$review->virtuemart_product_id ?>

<td><?php echo JHTML::_('link'JRoute::_($link), $review->product_name, array('title' => JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_EDIT').' '.$review->product_name)); ?></td>

<!-- Stars rating -->
and replace with <!-- Username + time -->
<?php $link 'index.php?option='.$option.'&view=ratings&task=listreviews&virtuemart_product_id='.$review->virtuemart_product_id?>

<td><?php echo JHTML::_('link'JRoute::_($link), $review->product_name, array('title' => JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_RATING_EDIT_TITLE'))); ?></td>

<!-- Product name -->
<?php $link 'index.php?option='.$option.'&view=product&task=edit&virtuemart_product_id='.$review->virtuemart_product_id ?>

<td><?php echo JHTML::_('link'$link,vmJsApi::date($review->created_on,'LC2',true) , array("title" => JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_EDIT').' '.$review->product_name)); ?></td>

<!-- Stars rating -->

Hope that this doesn't get broken again in next release I just fixed on my sites.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

pierregulpen

Thank you,

but there is another detail...

the list showing to me as an admin is the _virtuemart_ratings while there is another on in the databas that is called _virtuemart_rating_reviews

In the _ratings are less then in the _reviews...

The _ratings list in admin only shows me products that there was written a review before. When somebody makes a review again about an product that has a review already ( from other customer ) then it is stored wthout shown to me as an admin....

When clicking on a product i see then a list of more reviews of that product...... I have to be lucky to find these..

The ones I see in my backend are always the oldest reviews made of a product. the newer ones are 1 click away hidden
is there a way to change in the code also that the software is looking at _virtuemart_rating_reviews  instead of  _virtuemart_ratings ?

pierregulpen

Edit :

I noticed that in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/ratings/tmpl/default.php
on rule nr 51

<th><?php echo $this->sort('created_on''COM_VIRTUEMART_DATE') ; ?></th> states Created_on  could that be why only the oldest review is shown in the admin ?

pierregulpen

Nobody else with this problem ?