News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

state dropdown does not work

Started by deesignz, May 16, 2013, 20:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deesignz

The state drop down is not working and I created a manual one with at text field, but now for some reason, Paypal cannot verify the address, it's not picking up the state. Can someone help me, please?

virtuemart 2.020b
joomla 2.5
link: http://wewillcook4u.com/index.php/2013-03-04-21-50-41/dine-on-a-dime

Stonedfury

I would start with this eliminating modules, and plugins. Nice site by the way. I noticed you have a lot of javascript being called
  <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/modal.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/k2/assets/js/jquery-1.7.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/components/com_k2/js/k2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery.noConflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vmsite.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/chosen.jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/tabs.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/system/js/validate.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/libraries/gantry/js/gantry-totop.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/libraries/gantry/js/gantry-buildspans.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/libraries/gantry/js/browser-engines.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/jquery-1.7.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/colortip-1.0-jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/jquery.easing.1.3.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/jquery.form.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/jquery.popeye-2.0.4.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/jquery.prettyPhoto.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/jquery.cycle.all.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/jquery.tools.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/jquery.validate.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/menu_min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/script.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript">

window.addEvent('domready', function() {

SqueezeBox.initialize({});
SqueezeBox.assign($$('a.modal'), {
parse: 'rel'
});
});
var K2SitePath = '/';
window.addEvent('domready', function(){ $$('dl.tabs').each(function(tabs){ new JTabs(tabs, {}); }); });
window.addEvent('domready', function() {
var modules = ['rt-block'];
var header = ['h3','h2','h1'];
GantryBuildSpans(modules, header);
});

</script>

and this twice   <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/jquery-1.7.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Try using jquery easy to eliminate problems if you cant find it by disabling modules and such.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

deesignz

Well, I installed JQuery, and it did a lot of clean up, but did not resolve the issue. Any other guesses that will help me get this store working. I'm not a virtuemart pro, just a hard working girl. It doesn't matter if they input the state or are able to select from the drop down, I just need paypal to accept the state in the address so it will process payments.

HELP...

and thanks.

Stonedfury

You're still loading this   <script src="/templates/rt_theme15/js/jquery-1.7.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> twice
plus   <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Again best suggestion. Start turning stuff off. It has to do with a plugin, module, component. It is not virtuemart or joomla I assure you. Go backwards turning stuff off. As a person who gets very frustrated myself, it's best to work in reverse. If you can't remember then just start turning off all the additions you have.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

deesignz

Okay Stonedfury, I'll try that suggestion... Got frustrated myself and had to put it down... LOL

>:(

Stonedfury