News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Help Please - Configure Redirect - Urgent

Started by Eternity, December 30, 2013, 13:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternity

I have read all the previous posts, many of which have gone unanswered, and I have read through the VM Wiki but there is NO answer that I have found where it tells you SIMPLY how to configure the paypal plugin to REDIRECT to a specific page of the website AFTER payment has been completed by the user.  I know this is possible with paypal because I have used paypal on various sites which actually do this, but I am not sure it is possible with VM and paypal.

Could someone please give me simple instructions on WHERE I put in the URL I want to redirect to after paypal payment is completed?

Thank you.

alatak

Hello
QuoteCould someone please give me simple instructions on WHERE I put in the URL I want to redirect to after paypal payment is completed?
I do not really understand why you need that, because it is already done in the code.
We do not have a specific configuration parameter for that URL.
If you want to change it, in VirtueMart 2.0.26a change line 238 in file plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal/helpers/paypalstd.php
this line:
$post_variables['return'] =  JURI::root().'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&on=' . $this->order['details']['BT']->order_number . '&pm=' . $this->order['details']['BT']->virtuemart_paymentmethod_id . '&Itemid=' . JRequest::getInt('Itemid' ). '&lang='.JRequest::getCmd('lang','')  ;

Eternity

Hello Alatak

I need this because the person I am trying to help is not selling a physical product, like shampoo, instead he is selling courses and exams, so after people have paid they either need to book their course or take the online exam, which means that after payment instead of being stuck at the paypal confirmed page the procedure needs to go back to his site, and to the page where there is 2 buttons BOOK NOW or EXAM CENTER so that the person who has paid can either book or write, depending on what they have paid for.

I hope this makes more sense.  I am currently organizing access to update the VM to the latest, but I do still need to know what to change where, unfortunately my knowledge of PHP is horribly dangerous.

Thank you