News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[ SOLVED ] redirect to profile during checkout

Started by frankiefredericks, May 10, 2013, 18:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankiefredericks

Hi,

I have encountered a problem suddenly. I swear, yesterday was working.
When I add a product to cart and I continue, I don't see anymore login page inside edit_addres.php, but I get redirected to profile page with the error "you must login first".

I have vm 2.0.20a

Any ideas?
Thanks

Stonedfury

My first suggestion is to update to 2.0.20b and see if that fixes your error.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

frankiefredericks

ok...well I mistyped the version. I already have  2.0.20b.

Let me extend the explanation.
What happens is that when I try to buy something before I log in, normally, after I put something into cart, I should be asked to log in or register (the setting in vm configuration is active and only logged users can checkout).
This is template edit_address.php inside user view.
Instead I get redirected to the login page (at least I think, this is the address: index.php/il-tuo-profilo?view=login) but it gives me the error "you must login first" and I get prompted with user name and password.

Even if I try to go directly to the registration page before I'm logged I get redirected to the login and it gives me the same message "you must login first"

But, if I type the complete url in the address box: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit, I see vm registration page (where you can either login or register)

I 'm pretty confused
Please give me some hint...

frankiefredericks

ok...forget it...I found the problem. It's no bug, it was just my stupidity.
I created a menu entry to the profile visible only to registered users. So the linked page itself was available to registered users only.
By the way the setting affected even vm registration inside cart.

Thanks anyway