News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Where to Fix Spelling Mistake in Search Results

Started by NanL105, May 10, 2013, 00:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanL105

Hello,

I am using Virtuemart v.2.0.18a with a Joomla v2.5.8 commercial template. 
When I enter a search term in the search box of my site, it returns the search results just fine.  But on the page, there is a line that says "Search Only: and then presents 6 checkboxes for the following 6 categories one can search by:
Categories, Contacts, Articles, Newsfeeds, Weblinks, and Produkte.

This last one, "Produckte" is spelled wrong.  It should be "Product."
Here is a link so you can see:
http://nanlewisjewelry.com/joomla/component/search/?searchword=pendant&searchphrase=all&Itemid=214

I have been working with the template help forum for days and days trying to fix it and they finally determined that I should post here because it seems to not be their template problem.

I searched this forum before posting this message and found something that seemed to relate to my problem, but it was for an earlier version of Virtuemart so the file it pointed me to is not there.

Can you please tell me where I can fix this misspelling?  Such a simple thing has eaten up days of my time :-(
BTW - I am not a programmer, so I need specific directions as to where to find the file and what to write to fix it.
(sorry 'bout that.)

Thank you very much!

kaybee57

Short term fix might be to go to Extensions / Language Manager - click on Overrides / New, Enter "Produkte" in the search box, do a search, then you can replace it with the correct text and SAVE.
See if that works for now.

NanL105

Thank you.  I did the search but it said "No matching texts found."

Then, just to make sure, I searched only for "Prod" and many results came back.  I looked at them all but nothing showed the misspelled Produkte.

Any other suggestions please?

jenkinhill

You will only see the work Produkte if you are using a German langauge file. Otherwise that work does not exist in VirtueMart.

You need to look at the configuration of the Joomla search module in your commercial template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

NanL105

Hi Kelvyn,

I did go back to my template forum guy and he still thinks it is an issue with VirtueMart.

Earlier he had asked me to temporally rename: templates\hot_furniturestore\html  to  templates\hot_furniturestore\html_
When I did that, there was no change to the problem.

He said, "When you rename folder html to html_ you practicably cut off all of our template integration with vm so its becomes bare default vm and you have problem when site like that so it's means it's something in vm core. "

So, I'm back asking if you could please try again to help me fix this problem?
Thank you so much for your time!

jenkinhill

I suspect you used a quickstart installer? I suspect there is something wrong with the VirtueMart search plugin which was in that package, in that it is reading the German language file rather than the English file.  In addition 2.0.18a was buggy (but not in the VM search plugin) so you would be advised to upgrade. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113052.msg380379#msg380379 for the fix list. We are currently at 2.0.20b with a new update release imminent.

You could try extracting the search/virtuemart plugin files from the 2.0.20b VM aio component package and updating those by ftp, or upgrade both VM components. Try this on a backup copy of the site to ensure it works OK.

A simple quick fix would be to set "Use Search Areas" to No in Joomla's search component options.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

NanL105

I'll try doing the update.  But, please excuse the total beginner question - - How do I make a backup copy of the site?
I have Akeeba Backup - would that be good enough, or do I need to do something else?

jenkinhill

Yes, use Akeeba - I think that is the one that most of us use. It is the first component that I install on a new site, and there are full instructions on the website.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

NanL105

Hello Again,
I'm hoping you can help me with this... I created a copy of my site and database as a test environment to test doing the virtuemart update.  Everything appeared to be fine, so I did the update from within the virtuemart admin panel in the test site.  It said the update was successful, so I went to the browser to look at the site to see if all was ok.
The home page shows up fine, but none of the other pages show up.  I get the error:  404 - Category not found.
I asked my hosting company for help - they tried, but could not find the problem, and said I should come back to VirtueMart.

I'm not sure what information you need from me in order to help? 
But could you please help me?
Thank you!