News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Standard banking option not working

Started by cerberus478, May 06, 2013, 12:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cerberus478

I set up my virtuemart to have a standard payment option called Deposit, this is suppose to take you to another page that has the banking details, but when I select Deposit and click confirm I get directed to a blank page. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
I'm using virtuemart 2.0.20b

cerberus478

Does anyone know how to fix this. I've looked all over the internet and I haven't been able to find anything.

jenkinhill

You do not provide enough information.

You have named the standard payment option as "deposit" and then what did you set as configuration for that plugin? What "another page" are you referring to?

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104795.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cerberus478

I used the standard payment option that came with virtuemart 2, in the "Payment Method Information" I entered the name "Deposit" in the "Payment Name" field,
I selected "Yes" in the "Published" field, I left "Payment Description" blank, for the "Payment Method" I chose "VM - Payment, Standard" I left "Shopper Group" blank and have 0 for the "List Order".

In the "Configuration" I left "Logos", "Countries", "Minimum Amount", "Maximum Amount", "Fee per transaction" and "Percent of the total amount" blank.
In "Accepted Currency" I selected "Default Vendor Currency", for "Status Pending" I selected "Confirmed, for "Tax" I selected "Apply default rules" and under "Payment Info" I added my banking details.

The "another page" is the page that is suppose to show the banking details and instead of getting my banking details I get a blank page instead. I did try to put the errors on maximum to see if maybe it would show any errors but it didn't.

cerberus478

Is there anything else that I'm missing? I hope I explained everything clearly.

jenkinhill

So after confirming the order you do not get taken to the thank you page - Thank you for your order! ? That is where the payment info should be shown. The payment info is also repeated in the confirmation of order email sent to the purchaser.

Are you using the aio component from the VM2.0.20b package? And on Joomla2.5? Are you using template overrides or a commercial Joomla template?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cerberus478

yes that is what happens and I'm using the aio form the VM2.0.20b package and its on joomla 2.5.6

cerberus478

and I'm also using the default template

jenkinhill

If you see a genuinely blank page then you probably have a 500 error. Check the server error logs to see the cause.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

cerberus478

I checked my error_logs and I got this:

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes)

cerberus478

After I checked the error on the internet, I increased my memory size. I tried again and I got a different looking page this time instead of the thank you page.

On the page there is the "Bill To" heading which has my address and a "Ship To" heading which also has my address.

jenkinhill

Yes, set it to at least 64M which probably is the minimum that should be advised  to use with Joomla 2.5 (I use always 128M). 

Does that new page look a bit like an invoice? Post a screen capture.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

cerberus478

Yes the page does look like an invoice. I have attached the screen shot

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Suggests to me a corrupt file - maybe one of the cart templates. Have you edited any of the template files or are using template overrides?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK