Author Topic: WorldPay and order status + Callback response  (Read 8221 times)

dagstarz

WorldPay and order status + Callback response
« on: September 09, 2008, 23:18:56 pm »
Ok I thought I better start a new thread on this....

Right noobie alert! I have never done this before so please be gentle.  :-[

I have an issue with my orders on Worldpay.  Every order I place in test mode, even after confirmation, is not relaying the message back to Virtuemart to change the status to "Confirmed". 

I am currently running in WorldPay test mode and wondered if that was the issue?

Also where is this callback response i read so much about? In my WorldPay admin panel under the test installation I have a "Payment Response URL", is that it? If so I have added the link which is "http://{mydomainname}/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/worldpay_notify.php" , is that correct?

Also..... :-[
There is no redirect to take them back to the website either? That seems wrong to me. So after every order i have to put my domain name back in?

One more thing sorry.  :-[
When I click confirm order (in VM cart) it takes me to the next page where you have to click "proceed to payment".  At the top of the page though it reads:
No valid database connection
No valid database connection
Thank you for your order.

Success Your order has been successfully placed!

Is that right too(no valid database connection)?

Sorry for being a pain, I can’t find the correct solution at the moment and it is keeping me from going live....

Thanks in advance...   

dagstarz

Re: WorldPay and order status + Callback response
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:31:31 am »
Any help on this?  Even if it is only part of it...

Thanks peeps...

dagstarz

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 18:47:33 pm »
Pllllleeeeeease help, I am not one to beg... but this is getting important (for me).

I can pay someone to sort it for me.

Propa stuck

dagstarz

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 16:41:25 pm »
Ok how can i get someone to do it for me, or to help me out?  Is there a site where they can configure the script so it works?

Thanks

dagstarz

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 16:43:51 pm »
I spoke with Worldpay and they say the Payment Response URL is the area where you put the callback script (worldpay_notify.php), but it still isnt working. It is definately enabled too?

I am really struggling....

Thanks

dagstarz

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 10:52:24 am »
Come on someone? Who or where can i go to get someone to do this for me please?  Is there a website where I can hire someone?

Thanks

simonselby

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 14:48:39 pm »
Hi dagstarz, a quick google suggests Sarah Hayes (http://www.sarahhayes.co.uk/content/blogcategory/28/153/)
might be able to help you...
NB. I don't know the lady, so I make no promises.
Joomla 1.5.7
Virtuemart 1.1.2

Judder

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 12:08:30 pm »
Hi Dagstarz

Payment Response is used by Worldpay to update orders when they are approved by the bank (normally after 2/3 days time) - full details of how this works are here http://www.worldpay.com/support/kb/mergedProjects/paymentresponse/payment_response.html

In order to have your orders changed to Confirmed, that is a real-time response from Worldpay to your Virtuemart system, using XML so if this isn't updating you'll need to run some debug and look at the responses from the Worldpay system.

Drop me a reply if you need more of a hand than this - Alex

Penge

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 11:52:51 am »
Hi dagstarz,
Did you have any luck with this problem? I have the same and can't get to the bottom of the issue!

I have the callback to VM working now, it updates the order status but the redirection back to the homepage, where is that configured?

mirrorsandglass

• Time Is Precious, Waste It Wisely
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 17:40:56 pm »
Hi dagstarz,
Did you have any luck with this problem? I have the same and can't get to the bottom of the issue!

I have the callback to VM working now, it updates the order status but the redirection back to the homepage, where is that configured?
How on earth did you get it to work!

I struggled with this all through VM1 and gave up and we have been manually setting orders to confirmed ever since.
I was hoping VM2 would be different but it has been a couple of weeks of trying different config options in Merchant Interface and in VM backend but to no avail.

Penge if you are still about please could you post what you did even if it is for VM1 it might give me a clue where to try in VM2.

Thanks.