News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Storefront Meta Description

Started by Stonedfury, April 29, 2013, 22:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonedfury

I noticed that the store front does not load any meta description from the store description or a menu description linking to. I would love to know how I could get that to load. It's a standard on all the other pages but that one. Hell, if it wasn't for google and bing I would not have even thought or noticed it. They of course have an issue with a storefront not having that key element.

I have been looking through this post as it seems possibly promising. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97744.30 did help with other ideas but not this particular one.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

jenkinhill

I have started using EFSEO (Easy Frontend SEO) to handle metas on Joomla sites & just started using it with VM, too.  http://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/efseo-easy-frontend-seo#description   - it solves the storefront issue and works to enhance Joomla's own SEF.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Stonedfury

I do appreciate the shared extension. I will have a peek. Do you use this with open graph?
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

jenkinhill

Quote from: Stonedfury on April 30, 2013, 19:24:04 PM
Do you use this with open graph?

No, and I am trying it just as it comes ATM so all meta descriptions can be edited in the same place. Will see how it works for SEO over time.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Stonedfury

So far it works as intended. Doesn't seem to have any issues with the opengraph protocols either. That makes this a major plus to anyone with a Virtuemart site.

lipes

I've instaled EFSEO but i've checked today my database and get more than 400 Mbts only for plg_easyfrontendseo table!
..................... damm!!!! this is crazy...

Dont understand why Virtuemart 2 doesnt have a option to set or get the Product Description Text and keywords...

Anyone got a better solution to solve SEO problem?
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

Stonedfury

Quote from: lipes on June 14, 2013, 19:11:55 PM
I've instaled EFSEO but today i've checked today my database and get more than 400 Mbts only for plg_easyfrontendseo table!
..................... damm!!!! this is crazy...

Dont understand why Virtuemart 2 doesnt have a option to set or get the Product Description Text and keywords...

Anyone got a better solution to solve SEO problem?
I agree it should be built in and I am sure will be at some point. For the site I am using this on it is perfect as there are not too many pages and products. I could imagine a huge site with this tool as being too much.