News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Modify "Ask question" button to URL product website

Started by adomi, April 25, 2013, 10:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adomi

Hi,

I would like to replace the link of the button " ask for a question" with a url of product website ( in backend, there's ref,name, alias, and URL). With this, if price is not given, it's possible to go directly on the site dealer.

Could you please help ?
Thanks in advance,
SJ

adomi

Thanks for reply.

I don't want to add extra field in ask a question. I would like to replace the link of button " ask a question" with existing field in virtuemart, the "URL" field in product details.

Then customer can have access to external page if there no price defined.

jenkinhill

This should grab the product url:

<?php echo $this->product->product_url ?>

Edit the section beginning // Ask a question about this product  in productdetails/tmpl/default.php  and use the edited file as a template override.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

K&K media production

QuoteI don't want to add extra field in ask a question. I would like to replace the link of button " ask a question" with existing field in virtuemart, the "URL" field in product details.

If you read the complete posts and not only the headline of the thread, then you will find the information how to change the link. The user asked also about the link and I've wrote him, he can do this also with a override.

adomi

Hi

thanks a lot,

I will try,
Again thanks for reply, it's cool,
SJ