News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

thumbnails not created

Started by exschnecki123, April 22, 2013, 11:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exschnecki123

Hi!

I am using Joomla 2.5.9 and VM 2.0.20b as a catalogue.

When I want to create a picture for a product the picture is uploaded but the thumbnail is not created. I do not use the "dynamical picture resizing" in the configuration as teh following error messages were shown in the frontend. As soon as I switched that off, the error messages disappeared.

Warning: imagecreatetruecolor() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /var/www/XXXX/html/websites/10042013/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/img2thumb.php on line 257

Warning: imageantialias() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/XXX/html/websites/10042013/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/img2thumb.php on line 262

Warning: imagealphablending() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/XXXX/html/websites/10042013/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/img2thumb.php on line 263

Warning: imagesavealpha() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/XXX/html/websites/10042013/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/img2thumb.php on line 265

Warning: imagecolorallocatealpha() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/XXX/html/websites/10042013/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/img2thumb.php on line 267

Warning: imagecopyresampled() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/XXXX/html/websites/10042013/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/img2thumb.php on line 270

Warning: imagejpeg() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/XXXX/html/websites/10042013/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/img2thumb.php on line 311

Warning: imagedestroy() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/XXXX/html/websites/10042013/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/img2thumb.php on line 166

The website is: backup.waffen-obertreis.de

Could anyone help please?

Thank you.

jenkinhill

Turn off the error messages first. This warning suggests an issue with the GD2 library installed on the server, but it should still work to make thumbs.
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102555.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

exschnecki123

Dear Jenkinhill,

I already checked the GD2 Library on the server and everything is installed right, I think. This is what it says:

GD Support    enabled
GD Version    bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support    enabled
FreeType Linkage    with freetype
FreeType Version    2.4.2
T1Lib Support    enabled
GIF Read Support    enabled
GIF Create Support    enabled
JPEG Support    enabled
libJPEG Version    6b
PNG Support    enabled
libPNG Version    1.2.44
WBMP Support    enabled
XPM Support    enabled
libXpm Version    30411
XBM Support    enabled

The error message ist not that problem as it already disappeared. But the thumbnails are more the problem. Do you know any help?

Thank you.

jenkinhill

I have never had a problem with thumb creation. I assume the image files you are using are jpg and in the format  imagename.jpg (all lower case).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum