News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Not All Items Selected are Listed in Cart

Started by LKopps, April 21, 2013, 00:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LKopps

When selecting multiple items, only the first item is listed in the shopping cart. The quantity is correct for that item, but the other items are not shown. The total price is correct for the sum of all items and quantities selected. This is confusing to the buyer. Is this a bug or point me to the configuration to fix this.

John2400

could you change the template and try again. Use a standard template.

* then also mention what - versions you are using-2.0.20b?

LKopps

John2400, Sorry... I am using Joomla 2.5.9, VM 2.0.20.b, PHP 5.3
Which template are you suggesting I change. I have attached my settings.

John2400

Change back to one of the original templates that VM comes with. breez? and test

LKopps

OK, I changed to beez5 one of the defaults. When I ad one item it shows. I ad a second item it does not, however the total price is for the total of the two items. If I ad additional items they show up in the cart. So, it appears that the second item does not show up. If I delete one item at a time, the missing item will eventually show up in the cart. It doesn't matter the order of the items I add to cart. It is the second item that will not list.

This appears to happen independently of the template selected.

John2400

LKopps,

This still looks like a template issue to me and the server where you host is slow. I tried your site and added a membership and a coke etc. and yes I can see it does not do the calculation well.  Can you turn off the Upcoming events right column just for the cart page. See if that helps. Also it looks like you have a security certificate for your site that clashes when I try to edit and address.

LKopps

I turned off the upcoming events as you suggested and the same thing happens.

jenkinhill

The code for showing a second product in the cart is there, but it is not displaying. it appears to be an issue with css declarations in jsn_epic_pro/css/template.css or jsn_epic_pro/ext/vm/jsn_ext_vm.css affecting the sectiontableentry2 class.  This is a class not used in a default VirtueMart system, so I cannot pinpoint the issue exactly.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

LKopps

Jenkinhill,
I followed the instructions from John2400 and changed the template to one of the default that came with VM. So this should not be an issue with "jsn_epic_pro." Can you please give me some direction to take as I cannot just be stuck with a partially functional solution.
Thank you.

jenkinhill

When I looked at the site it was using jsn_epic_pro (commercial template).  I neglected to say that there is no css for sectiontableentry1 or 2 in standard VM2.0.20b but you do have styles for those classes. The usual cause of something not displaying is a css issue

Are you using template overrides or has the template components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php  been edited?

Try turning off Show product images  in Configuration/Checkout as that has been known to break page layouts.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

LKopps

Jenkinhill,
Are you using template overrides or has the template components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php  been edited?
No it has not.

Try turning off Show product images  in Configuration/Checkout as that has been known to break page layouts.
Tried this and it had no effect.

LKopps

I repeat, "Can you please give me some direction to take as I cannot just be stuck with a partially functional solution."

John2400

LKopps,

Hi I can see that you have an issue that is unresolved but the forum here would not normally be your first stop. If you paid for this template or you downloaded it then you need to write to the designer.

I have see quite a few posts in the last few days about templates - all answers always p[oint back to the designer who is often thankful that you have noticed a problem or that they get upset that people do not write to them.

So your answer is there.

The only other suggestion is that you open a new folder on your server and upload an new version of joomla and VM and see what happens.  If VM works perfectly then you have corrupted a small file with some application.  Then if that works maybe make the shop in another folder away form your original site.

I can see that jenkinhill has tried his best to pin some issues down for you and has had a few goes at helping. So a new direction as you really only have a few products might be my suggestion.

Some just try and reload VM over the top again and it can fix some issues.

LKopps

I appreciate your comments and feedback. I was left open ended.

I'm a bit confused conceptualy. The template code should be for layout i.e. module position, color, format, etc. I don't understand how the template will override the content such as a table that is inside the VM code. And if it did interfere with VM, why would it just conflict with one table entry (such as jenkilhill suggested). That just doesn't pass the "sniff" test. This sounds more like a bug in VM where there is a table pointer initialization problem or incrementing the table pointer is incremented one time too many skipping over display the second item. My testing shows that if the first item is deleted and I refresh, the second item becomes the first item and displays. The third item becomes the second item and it no longer displays. Also the totals of all items is correct throughout this testing indicating that all items selected are in the table. They just don't display properly and it seems to point to VM.

What you are suggesting to reload in a subdirectory and change the overall template to the default Joomla template and / or reload VM over the top doesn't seem to be a small feat or without risk to the rest of the develpment. I find it hard to believe that changing the template or reloading VM would fix a pointer problem. This still feels like a bug in VM due to the testing results.

jenkinhill

You are the only one who has reported this, so it cannot be classed as a bug. As I said, the code for the second product like is there in your page code, and in the same format as normally shows in the display, but something is stopping it from displaying. This is usually a css issue but could just be a corrupt file. Hence the suggestion to re-install.

If you have template overrides they will be in the html subdirectory of your Epic Pro Joomla template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK