News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Missing cart and prices please help me

Started by AnitaTogstad, April 15, 2013, 07:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnitaTogstad

First, let me excuse my rather bad english, I'm Norwegian. But I'll try the best I can to explain my problem.

To make a long story short, I started to learn Joomla three weeks ago. This is quite new to me. But it is so much fun!
Anyway, I've been using most of my time the last three weeks to set up a webpage for a friend of mine. She saved my life this autumn and I'd like so much to help her a little bit back. This is a small yoga site that needs to include a small webshop. I've bought a template from Joomlart, got it up and running and then installed Virtemart. So far, so good. The problem is that it doesn't show any prices or any cart.

I got one of the nice moderators on the Joomlart forum to take a look backend for meg, and this is what he told me:

Hi Anita

I checked everything on your virtuemart and also updated it to the latest version released

it is exactly like the demo site i installed on my localhost and since my version shows the prices

your is not showing them

Checking on Virtuemart Forum seems that this problem is present in many websites that used the upgrade features and seems also still not solved.

The last suggestion i can give is to use the virtuemart tool db to restore everything with sample data and check how is going

Anyway is not an issue related to the template because switchinh it to beez5 template doesn't solve the issue.

Another way is to install again the quickstart version of Vintas and work with the virtuemart version installed and after you made all your configurations then take a backup of your website install it on localhost and try to upgrade to the new virtuemart version released ( without the previous update ) so you can check if it works correctly

I have to say I'm almost terrified about the thought of maybe having to start from scratch with my site again. Do I?
I don't really understand what he's saying to me in the message.

I'm thinking about uninstalling the VM and then reinstall it. Is that worth a try?

Is there anyone of you that can help me with a step for step help? I need it so much.
I use the latest VM and Joomla 2.5 (?The latest in the 2-series).
URL: www.paydesign.no

Please.

Anita

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AnitaTogstad

Thank you so much!
I don't think I in any way can explain how much your help meant to me!

The prices are now in place and the cart is there. Thank you so much!
If I ever can help you with anything (probably not Joomla related, but if you need anything from Norway... :-) ), please send me a message.

THANK YOU!

Anita

jenkinhill

You should report back to Joomlart that it was a simple configuration correction that fixed the issue. Can't have them providing misleading information!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AnitaTogstad

I did that as soon as I got the cart and prices on my site  :)

My next problem is that the prices are again missing as soon as I log in. Before I log in, the prices shown. When I log in, they are again missing. Do I need the log in function at all? I guess there are some where I can remove it. I'll try to find it.

jenkinhill

That suggests to me that shopper groups are maybe still being mis-used. Look at the image in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=109112.msg377905#msg377905  - in the right side of the product information box, below Product Categories the Shopper Group box should be left at "Select some options".  That way the products and the prices are shown to all users.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

AnitaTogstad

The boxes are all marked as you showed me,but the prices still doesn't show when anyone is logged in.
Until anyone logges in, the prices show.

Do you have any other idea why this happends?

I really appreciate any help, hint or direction to another page where I'd might find a way to solve this.

Thank you so much :-)

Anita

jenkinhill

Again a shopper group issue is most likely. Go to  Orders & Shoppers / Shopper Groups.

Open the -default- group for editing. Make sure that "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" is not selected. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

AnitaTogstad

Kelvynn, you are my hero :-)
Thank you so much once again!