News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Bill To address does not save - cannot order

Started by wwtn, April 12, 2013, 18:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwtn

We have built a Joomla 2.5.9 site with VirtueMart 2.0.20b installed. We have VM2 set to accept anonymous public orders without registration. Having trouble with the "Bill to" address when someone is trying to place an order. Basically, it doesn't save the data that you input, so when you press "save" the form just comes back up blank and you cannot move through the cart process to select shipping method, etc.

The only way I could get the system to keep the "bill to" data is to input it directly into the backend as Super Administrator, and, of course, that is only if the shopper is a registered user (which we are trying to avoid).

Incidentally, we only upgraded to VM 2.0.20b a few days ago (from 2.0.18) and had not tested the complete ordering process because our client didn't have his merchant account yet. So I really do not know if this would have been a problem with 2.0.18 or not.

The site is live right now and located here: http://www.crazyhorsecolorco.com

Template is from RocketTheme.com: Leviathan
VirtueMart  version: 2.0.20b
Joomla version: 2.5.9

Any help is greatly appreciated! We are perplexed...

Lounge123

Hello,

I have the same problem!

I have try a lot of thing, noting works!

Can you sent me the solution when you have fix it!

I will do the same.

Thanks a lot!

guiavegano

Same problem here.
I suspect Rocket Theme updates, any you use Rocket Theme stuff?

lindapowers

considering the known hate the Rocket Theme has towards VM not strange there is an issue there, is a really bad idea to use one of their templates for VM.

guiavegano

Never heard about this hate stuff... is this for real?

Well I tested using a standard joomla template, same problem so far, I guess is rocket stuff is not guilty on this one.

I will restore the backup.

vm_ASL

Hello there,

i'm having similar problems with the forms on add/edit adress, or in my case the user registration - i want my users to log in and register to checkout.

newest vm 2.0.20b and joomla 2.5.9 installed, the forms didnt work correct. on add/edit adress - editaddresscartBT.html and checkout editaddresscartcheckoutBT.html the forms didnt check all userfields for input.
Only the page page shown on "register now" checked more fields, but not the one of the user / shopper info - only email field was checked.

now i deactivated three of three rokbox plugins: Button, system and content rokbox... now it works. The ArtImageCycle does not conflict with the vm /joomla forms on checkout.

Has anybody an idea, how to exclude the rok box plugins to be included at checkout, i dont need them there, anyways...

Thanks for the hint, im getting closer to an working shop, looking forward to put it back online!

vm_ASL

jenkinhill

Quote from: guiavegano on April 19, 2013, 16:31:32 PM
Well I tested using a standard joomla template, same problem so far, I guess is rocket stuff is not guilty on this one.

Not necessarily so unless you also disable RT modules and plugins as well as switch templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

guiavegano

Welll, I guess you were right!

The problem at least in my case was the Rokbox, my tests confirmed that after we updated it the problem appears.

So in a way it is Rocket Theme's fault, but it's not the template it self, it's one of the extensions.

After this confirmation, I downgraded to the last version and and everything is working again. ;D

I was always an Yootheme fan and user, I guess I should had stick to it. Next time I surely will go back to Yootheme templates and extensions.

lindapowers

Quote from: guiavegano on April 20, 2013, 19:45:04 PM
Welll, I guess you were right!

The problem at least in my case was the Rokbox, my tests confirmed that after we updated it the problem appears.

So in a way it is Rocket Theme's fault, but it's not the template it self, it's one of the extensions.

After this confirmation, I downgraded to the last version and and everything is working again. ;D

I was always an Yootheme fan and user, I guess I should had stick to it. Next time I surely will go back to Yootheme templates and extensions.

Yootheme, yagendoo, smartaddons, icetheme and a lot of others do specific templates for VM, from all those at least that we tried, yagendoo and smartaddons really professional support and nice templates.

You have a  list here http://virtuemart.net/news/blog/136/422-nice-joomla-templates-for-virtuemart2-based-shops

But definetly not RocketTheme for VM, we were their customers too some time ago... never again.

Some of the crap they said to a template we bought and was never updated for VM2:

"My feeling is that VM templates are not a big priority for us, that is why we never released any others even though we've had a few eCommerce templates since Mynxx. VM itself is flawed, has virtually no support, and generally needs to be hacked up to do what you need. We can't take all of that into account when developing templates, as it's impossible to provide support with hacked components as we can only design them to work with the core files."

source: http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=15&t=158139&rb_v=viewtopic

MunchyBugs

I had this same problem and RokBox was indeed the problem.  But I didn't need to disable it.  When I set the Backwards Compatibility setting in the two RokBox plugin's settings to DISABLED it worked again.  Default is ENABLED and this doesn't work.  Yes, it is strange that backwards comp would have to be turned off, but it is what it is.

naldjb

Thanks solved my problem

Confirmed if rokbox Backwards Compatibility is enabled it won't work, i just disabled it and updated my rokbox linkss.. now it works!

Awesome! post ;D

Milbo

Quote from: lindapowers on April 21, 2013, 00:06:24 AM
Some of the crap they said to a template we bought and was never updated for VM2:

"My feeling is that VM templates are not a big priority for us, that is why we never released any others even though we've had a few eCommerce templates since Mynxx. VM itself is flawed, has virtually no support, and generally needs to be hacked up to do what you need. We can't take all of that into account when developing templates, as it's impossible to provide support with hacked components as we can only design them to work with the core files."

source: http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=15&t=158139&rb_v=viewtopic

LOL, maybe true for vm1.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member