News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Looking for ongoing dev and maintenance support

Started by Edward, April 09, 2013, 09:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward

Hello,

I'm running a VM store for a few years now but haven't managed to update from 1.1.9 to VM 2 because of the extra functionality I want/need in order to invest into an upgrade. I also don't have the time any more to tinker around so I need somebody to take over the technical and design side of things.

I am looking for the functionality of Bigcommerce.com . If not for that shop being SAAS I would just join them. I don't like the idea and would rather support the VM team with my dollars. A good site that shows what I'm after in style and functionality is buffusa.com . I am the Australian online shop for this product.

Just to sum up my expectations in a few bullet points:

Shop design:
-Similar to buffusa.com. Simple with header banners. I like the templates of GavickPro (Storebox, Simplicity, Bike Store, Esport)
-Has to be responsive

Shop Navigation:
With tags like buffusa.com . Being able to show my customers different ways to find the product for their needs is important. The same Buff® is used in so many different ways and by so many different people that you have to give it tags or what ever you call it so they can navigate to this product/design through their personal path.

Product Description:
-One product comes in so many different designs. I need to make sure that customers know that it is the same product, just with a different design. buffusa.com did a good job. I have tried to use a Parent/Child setup but abandoned it because the display and selection methods of the child products is not good enough.
-Product variations / Cild product structure: I need the variations to be named in a user friendly way in the checkout. Currently only the variation (child) name is listed in the checkout. I would only accept the parent name with the variation in short. I need this for Gloves that come in different sizes per design. Currently every variation is listed separately
-Typography for the description that enables a professional looking product description with tables, ticks,... Basically as if it was an Ebay template. By the way: It would be great if the product description would work in Ebay.com.au in order to make the listings consistent.
-Multiple Pictures would be nice
-Embed video would be nice
-Product comparison would be nice

Inventory:
-Easy inventory control a must for variations.

Discounts:
-As my customers order a few different designs of the same product I would like to add a volume discount per product category (or parent product depending on setup) plus a discount that applies to an order total. This can be setup as an order total discount with a graphic element explaining the volume discount per product category or parent product.

Shipping:
-Different shipping costs depending on shipping method (standard or express), order total (free over $xx) and destination (National/Internationl)

Checkout:
-One page and super simple. If possible for the credit card option a picture of the front and the back side of the credit card with fields so people just have to transfer what they see to the applicable fields (I currently have far too many offline payment errors because people can't transfer from 09/16 to September 2016). Currently I don't need any accounts because products last very long and customers have forgotten their password when returning.

Payment:
-Offline payment using a machine a must. We only process the payment once the goods are packed and when can ensure that the customer gets what he ordered asap. This is part of our customer service. Paypal is a pain in the but for this part but must also work.

Abandoned Carts:
-Reminder to bring people back with the option of discount offering or asking for the customer to make an offer.

Reviews/Feedback:
-Automatic email to customers asking for feedback and reviews of the product they ordered. Review must be for the parent product / product category and not for the individual variation.

Marketing:
-Newsletter Integration with Mailchimp
-Facebook shop and Ebay.com.au templates or integration
-Products simultaneously listed on shopping comparison sites like getprice.com.au or shopping.com.au

Analytics:
-Integration with Google Analytics (shopping cart)

I am sure that I will find more features but this gives you a feel for where I'm heading. There are probably extensions out there for everything I listed and I would prefer to use them before starting some custom code. I need an integrator that knows how to make it work together and who can push updates through without me having to get involved. Somebody that is here to stay and can provide ongoing support for years.

Cheers,
Edward
www.mybuff.com.au

911websiterepair

all is possible,   but need to question this

QUOTE""" Currently I don't need any accounts because products last very long and customers have forgotten their password when returning. """QUOTE

RESPONSE: this is required by virtuemart, the customer needs to access their online order history and shipping status. without account vm would not know how to manage the users and their orders. Our other customers have requested the same, but their is no way. And its is considered standard practice to have customer gain access to their order histories and shipping status on line. I never found a good ecommerce store without this.

so please explain how it would work without individual accounts for each user.
joomla components, modules and extensions @ http://www.madeforjoomla.com
joomla development, customizations and repair speshitpillts, http://www.911websiterepair.com

Virtuemart 2.0 PayPalPro Module
Virtuemart 2.0 Fedex Shipping Module
Virtuemart 2.0 Express Order Module
Virtuemart 2.0 Authorize.net SIM payment module
http://www.virtuemartmailordermanager.com

Edward

Quote from: Made For Joomla on April 09, 2013, 15:44:08 PM
I never found a good ecommerce store without this.

so please explain how it would work without individual accounts for each user.

Guest account standard with no option to create an account. In the beginning I had the standard setting and then people started writing me that they would like to order again but they forgot their password. Stuffing around with passwords was too much for a lot of them (mostly over 40 and not so internet savvy) so I started deleting their accounts. When the option of guest account came up I started using this. Just have a look at my current checkout on mybuff.com.au. This one has proven to be the best solution for my customers.

911websiterepair

joomla components, modules and extensions @ http://www.madeforjoomla.com
joomla development, customizations and repair speshitpillts, http://www.911websiterepair.com

Virtuemart 2.0 PayPalPro Module
Virtuemart 2.0 Fedex Shipping Module
Virtuemart 2.0 Express Order Module
Virtuemart 2.0 Authorize.net SIM payment module
http://www.virtuemartmailordermanager.com