News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Looking to hire someone to complete my VM Store

Started by spyderwebdesign, March 24, 2013, 23:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spyderwebdesign

I have been working on a store since Dec 2011 and still can't complete it. At this point, I am giving up and hope to hire someone before my client sues me and I waste any more of my own time troubleshooting without resolving anything.

My site was originally built in VM2.0.6 I used akeeba to back it up and restore it on a dev server. I then upgraded Joomla to 2.5.9 and upgraded VM to 2.0.20b.

There are the issues I am currently having with the 2.0.20b.

1. The iStraxx UPS module is not working. I followed the tutorial and have made sure my api has the correct information. When you try to select a shipment the message "We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order." displays. I wrote iStraxx support on March 21 and have not heard back.

2. My products have gotten messed up from the upgrade. Products don't show when you click on their category even though the product is listed as that category. I tried deleting all products then importing them again with CSVImproved. New categories with ""categoryname" appear now and the items don't import correctly. If I restore the 2.0.6 version of the web site and run the import, it works correctly. They are also displayed correctly in the 2.0.6 version.

3. I need the links for the manufactures changed to take you directly to the View all manufactures Products web pages and not to the manufactures detail page. I have done this in VM 2.0.6 but can't figure out how to change it in 2.0.20b

4. I need to make sure the invoice created by VM displays correctly. I noticed a while back in the 2.0.6 version that they alignment was way off. I can't check this in 2.0.20b due to the shipping module not working

5. Any unknown issues that occur will need to be fixed. I have never completed a VM site before and so far 2.x has been so buggy. I don't know, but I highly doubt that 2.0.20b is bug free.

Please contact me directly at eric@spyderwebdesign.net for more info.

spyderwebdesign

Peter Pillen

number 3 ... not so difficult ;)

file: templates\your template\html\mod_virtuemart_manufacturer\default.php or first make a template override from modules\mod_virtuemart_manufacturer\tmpl\default.php

just change the view to category instead of manufacturer in the link url

$link = JROUTE::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=' . $manufacturer->virtuemart_manufacturer_id);
//just change the view to category instead of manufacturer in the link url
$link = JROUTE::_("index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=" . $manufacturer->virtuemart_manufacturer_id);