News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to apply discount to a single product?

Started by caseyd, April 09, 2013, 00:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseyd

I'm trying to assign a discount % to one of my products.
In order to achieve this I've created a calculation rule (-%, 20.0) but it affects all of my products.

How can I do this?

I am using VM 2.0.20b, and have looked at the post here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98178.msg323749#msg323749
that seems to be the same issue, but the two fixes posted are not applicable to the current code base - does anyone have a fix for this "bug"?

Is it possible to simply add a discount for a single product, and not ALL of them by default?

K&K media production

1. variant:

create a product category: discount 20%

unpublish this category

go to your calculation rule settings -> choose this product category

go to your product and choose your calculation rule as discount

2. variant:

go to your product

product pricing -> add your discounted price in override field -> choose overwrite final or overwrite price to be taxed

caseyd

Nice! Both seem like work-arounds, but at least they work.

kamstrup

There definitely is a bug hidden here...

I used 1), setting up a General 20% discount category, with a 20% rule that never ran out.

In the product page I chose this 20% rule and gave the rule a start date and an end-date , and added product to the unpublished 20% category.
The day the discount ran out, product price was changed to 0, given 100% discount instead of going back to original price.

It doesn't happen if it is the main calculation rule that is set with a start/end-date. That means that each sale period must be defined with a new calculation rule.
Why choosing a start and and end date on the product page creates a price of zero when period ends must be a bug.

On our opening sale, ALL products ended up costing 0 when sale ran out!

K&K media production

the start and end date is not for the rule, it is for the whole price

a start and end date for the rule you must setup direct in the rule settings

simbus82

Quote from: kkmediaproduction on April 17, 2013, 18:20:19 PM
the start and end date is not for the rule, it is for the whole price

a start and end date for the rule you must setup direct in the rule settings

But the bug is still here.

2.0.24c and we can't create a rule and apply EASILY to some products without doing some workarounds for the problem that all products are affected..
Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b