News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category ordering issue

Started by karocki, April 08, 2013, 15:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karocki

Hi there,

Just building a new site and have just created the 4 categories I need. They need to be in the correct order but after nearly half an hour and a lot of frustration I just cannot get them in order. For some reason it has ordered them 5,4,1,5 an will not let me create a 2 or a 3 and even If I rename the categories in their current order it just randomly places them wherever it feel like. I have tried all the obvious solutions but nothing working; just seems ridiculous!

Any suggestions?

Using VM 2.0.20b in Joomla 2.5.9

Thank you for your time,
Mark

greaves

Same problem for me with a more recent version of virtuemart (last one).
I cannot change the category order (tried with arrows, numbers..)

jenkinhill

Ordering works just fine in current version - 2.0.26a. But you must make sure you set    Default category sort order to Ordering in Configuration/Product Order Settings
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

greaves

stawebnice

I have experienced this issue after updating to the latest VM 2.0.26:

we had our own ordering of categories before the update but after the update it changed to alphabetical...so I had to go to the VM configuration - Product Order Settings tab and there set the ordering back to "Ordering".