News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[ SOLVED ] No article to display after language installation

Started by hosko, April 06, 2013, 17:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hosko

Hello,

I am very beginner for Virtuemart and I meet many problems so far, indeed...  :D

One of those problem is no article to display after language installation....  I have installed Mongolian language package on my site and then the following error have occurred (no article to display)...

And, I have tried to change categories, products and default back-end language to one so in my case Mongolian.

I have found that  I need to change language in VM configuration not inside any files, but  at VM documentation, language settings...

Then,  I entered to the documentation in virtuemart, but there is error as below:

You can see the system information, which I am using in following image... Also I am using latest version of VM (Installed version 2.0.20b)...

What I need to do and what is my mistake?

I hope that someone should help for me...

Thanks for reading this...

K&K media production

Is this a multilingual site? All products, categories etc. must setup for the new language.

If it is not multilanguage, there are the language tables for your new language missing. You can go to your database and change the language tags from this tables to the new ones. This should be work.

hosko

Thanks for responding...

Yes, it is not  multilingual site... I entered to the my database area and found the language part like as below, is it right part?

English is the only language, I see...  Now, I need to use export button?  After click that button, there is nothing should appear...

How to change the language in database?

I tried to change it once, but didn't work...  I have clicked on the change button, which shown in the above image... I have replaced informations on this window, for example en-GB to mn-MN (Mongolian)... I am confused so much...

Could explain very in detail for me...

Thanks...

K&K media production

I have installed Mongolian language package

I can't see it in your database

hosko

I can see the language pack of Mongolian in language manager at joomla administration panel:

Unfortunately, it has not shown in the database...  I have installed that language pack as following way...

QuoteOpen the Joomla Administrator interface.

In the main menu, Go to ‘Extensions’ menu (at the top of any Admin page), then select ‘Extension Manager.’

Under heading: ‘Upload Package File’, choose: ‘Upload File’.
Choose the entire zipped language file you downloaded from the the link above.

Click ‘Upload and Install’ next to the file name.  At this point, you should see the blue success bar that says “Installing package was successful.”  You have added the language file package to Joomla now, but it still needs to be installed and configured and put to use.

Is there any mistake? I need to do something in my database area?

K&K media production

look in your database for

#__virtuemart_categories_en_gb
#__virtuemart_manufacturercategories_en_gb
#__virtuemart_manufacturers_en_gb
#__virtuemart_paymentmethods_en_gb
#__virtuemart_products_en_gb
#__virtuemart_shipmentmethods_en_gb
#__virtuemart_vendors_en_gb

and copy the tabels ... so that you have also

#__virtuemart_categories_mn_mn
#__virtuemart_manufacturercategories_mn_mn
#__virtuemart_manufacturers_mn_mn
#__virtuemart_paymentmethods_mn_mn
#__virtuemart_products_mn_mn
#__virtuemart_shipmentmethods_mn_mn
#__virtuemart_vendors_mn_mn

hosko

Oh man, thanks for solving this problem...  :D

It should be big support for me... Now, it is working perfectly...