News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

jQuery clash with JomSocial

Started by geraint, April 02, 2012, 16:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geraint

I was unable to add custom fields to a product and figured out there is a clash between the jQuery in JomSocial and VM2 - when I disable the JomSocial plugin (v.1.6.2 of jQuery) VM2 works fine.

On the subject of jQuery - can you, JomSocial, Community Builder, K2 etc. please discuss and agree on a common version of jQuery?  My site visitors don't want to download 4 different versions of jQuery amounting to 300KB of compressed incompatible javascript .

Perhaps you could get around a table at JandBeyond and get a working solution

thanks

Geraint

OpenGlobal

I've just noticed this during a support request for one of our plugins.

the problem here is that JomSocial is including it's own version of jQuery (which kills all of the jQuery in other components) for every page that you visit on the backend. This is a bug in JomSocial because it should only be including its libraries on its own pages.

This is not a problem with the version of jQuery, it's a problem that JomSocial is interfering with pages it shouldn't be interfering with and adding its own libraries. A quick google search shows that VirtueMart is not the only component to be affected by this bug in JomSocial.

Unfortuantely, there is nothing that VirtueMart can do to work around this. It's up to JomSocial to fix this bug.

OpenGlobal E-commerce