News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't get products to display - VirtueMart 2.0.20b

Started by yantheman, March 27, 2013, 23:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yantheman

Hi,

I know Joomla pretty well, but am complete newbie to VirtueMart and am struggling to get going.  I have been through the online documentation, FAQ and tutorial but I am struggling to display any products on my featured products.

If I create a product and 'feature' it then publish either a product (featured or otherwise) module or the Front Page in the menu I see no products at all.  The only way I can see any products is if I publish them as a product details menu item, which is not what I want.

Can anyone advise of a simple mistake I might be making?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of some decent tutorials and documentation?   I have to say the docs on the VirtueMart website are fine as a list of what each field is,  but they don't help you to understand how things are related to each other.

Sorry if I am asking dumb questions, but I have honestly tried to work this out myself before posting!

yantheman

Sorry, I didn't add all of the version info:

VirtueMart 2.0.20b
Joomla 2.5.9
PHP 5.3.8

PRO

do you have "show featured" selected in your configuration?

yantheman

Quote from: PRO on March 28, 2013, 19:14:13 PM
do you have "show featured" selected in your configuration?

Yes, I have tried the product as a featured product and as un-featured.  I have also tried publishing the module to show featured products and regular products but I don't even see a "Products" heading with the Cart and Search modules which are published.  Going to have another crack at it and will report back.

yantheman

Still no joy with this.  I have tried deleting all VirtueMart data and starting from scratch but I still have the same issues.  As I mentioned before there do not seem to be any guides on how to set this up from scratch and link everything together (unless you can tell me otherwise!) so I have had a 'bash' at what I think needs to be done, see below.  I have also included some screenshots of the config.

1. Setup the "shop" and enter all required data, currency details, etc.
2. Create a Manufacturer
3. Create a Category
4. Create a Product referencing the Manufacturer and Category
5. Make the product featured, or change the default published module to show things other than featured products.

Having done all of this I still cannot see any products.  I can browse categories and manufacturers, but the products simply do not exist.  I've tried creating a child product too to see if this helps, but nothing.  To see what I mean I have uploaded the site to a staging server. 

http://84.45.55.87/

As you will see this is literally a box-standard Joomla install with VirtueMart installed. (Akeeba Pro backup also)

Any ideas?  This is driving me crazy as I'm sure it should not be this hard to get going!

Thanks in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

when ANYTHING in vmart is NOT displaying.
It's usually because it is assigned to something.
OR, it ONLY has 1 language filled in, BUT shop is multilanguage

FOR EXAMPLE

IF you assign a product to a shopper group, it will not show up for frontend users that are not logged in.

yantheman

BINGO!

It was because the product was assigned to a shopper group!  :-[

Not sure what shopper groups are yet though, still lots to learn!

Thanks for your help  :)

PRO

Quote from: yantheman on April 02, 2013, 22:34:11 PM
BINGO!

It was because the product was assigned to a shopper group!  :-[

Not sure what shopper groups are yet though, still lots to learn!

Thanks for your help  :)

dont use shopper groups at all if you do not need to have special pricing for different groups, or need to have different "groups" at all

axiom28

Hello,
I am having the same problem, I followed what was suggested here but still no joy. I had it working, then decided to change the Menu layout. I deleted the old menu and since then haven't been able to get the product to display. I have tried to set Shopper Groups to nothing by deletiing the choices (The only choices available are default and annonymous), still no display. I tried removing Shopper group out the Shop, ADDITIONAL DETAILS OPTION, but it keeps resetting to default. As the other gentleman said this is very frustrating. Can anyone offer any other solutions. I have not yet tried reinstalling virtuemart

Joomla Version 2.5.11
Virtuemart version:2.0.20b

Milbo

Hello Axiom28, you do not have the same problem. Your problem is here
I had it working, then decided to change the Menu layout. I deleted the old menu and since then haven't been able to get the product to display.
Obviously your layout is not suitable for vm anylonger. Did you tried the default template? and why it is frustrating for the other gentleman? The main rule in virtuemart 2 is very simple. Dont fill it, if you dont want to use it. You dont need to select any layout, you dont need to choose any tax rule, you dont need to write any meta in vm2, it just takes the one of joomla. You dont need to choose shoppergroups, ...

But you can do it :-)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

dylanphelan

I have a similar issue.

My product will only display when i set the shopper group to default. They don't show up if I dont set the shopper group.

any ideas?

dylanphelan

flexconcept

Hello,
I am having the same problem. No product(groups) show up on the frontpage. For me I think, it is not the problem with the shoppergroup but with language.
When I enable debugging I see this:  can nl-NL vs. nl_nl be the problem?

vmdebug My selected language by JFactory::getLanguage()->getTag() nl-NL
vmdebug $siteLang: nl-NL self::$_jpConfig->lang nl_nl