Interchanged email adresses of VENDOR and CUSTOMER in "Recommend to friend mail"

Started by franky77, March 24, 2013, 11:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franky77

Hi community,

when a shopper is logged in VM and sends a product recommendation to a friend,
the friend gets the email address of the sender in the salutation of the mail - not his email.
When no shopper is logged in there's no salutation in the email (email of friend).

Any suggestions?

THX a lot ;-)
Frank

VM 2.0.20a; Joomla 2.5.9; PHP 5.3.18

Milbo

Quote from: franky77 on March 24, 2013, 11:44:12 AM
the friend gets the email address of the sender in the salutation of the mail - not his email.
Please explain more exact. What would you expect? That the sender is the friend who did the recommendation or the vendor of the product?

When no shopper is logged in there's no salutation in the email (email of friend).
There is atm something like "Hello mr@fun.com your friend recommend you a product" ???
I get a bit mixed up with the sender and the salution.

Any suggestions?

THX a lot ;-)
Frank
There is a new setting if the email is sent by the vendor or the mail configured at the joomla page. Maybe this makes a difference, because it is just the only thing we changed there.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

franky77

Well, when nobody is logged in and recommends a product to a friend, the friend gets an email beginning with "Hello," ...
When someone is logged is as a shopper and recommends sth.,
the friend gets an email beginning with "Hello, mail_address_from_logged_in_shopper@blabla.com",
instead of "Hello, mail_address_of_friend@yxyx.org"

Where can I changed these settings? file/settings/etc ?

Let alone of that there seems nowhere to be a possibility to enter a name and an email of a sender for recommendation - when NOT logged in !?

THX for helping !
Frank

dorex

Quote from: Milbo on March 25, 2013, 12:46:49 PM
I get a bit mixed up with the sender and the salution.

Person "X" has the email address x@xmail.com. "X" navigates the site not being logged in ... as a matter of fact "X" doesn't even have an account on this website ... not with Joomla, not with VM, not with anything. But "X" find a product that he/she think it would be a good deal for a friend, in the person of Person "Y" (Person "Y" has the email address y@ymail.com). So person X uses the "recommend to a friend" link on the website, completes the email field with the friend's email address (y@ymail.com), writes a few words in the message textarea and then presses the submit button.

The result is that the friend receives this email Subject:  " y@ymail.com recommends "product" "

So "Y" receives an email recommended by himself. It will be considered spam by "Y" in 90% of the cases and it will go to trash without being open.

What can be done in order to change the email in the "email Subject" ?

Thank you in advance.

PS: Same problem unsolved here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98124.0
and here:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114126.0
PHP 5.2.17 - Joomla 2.5.8 - Virtuemart 2.0.16

dorex

What file/files should we look into in order to change the email Subject of the recommend email?
PHP 5.2.17 - Joomla 2.5.8 - Virtuemart 2.0.16

mfgrmn

OMG!!!.... but do any of the Virtuemart developers or administrators ever answer any of these questions on their own forum. Everywhere I search no one answers anything, and if they do, its a half a$$ one time comment with no helpful added detail or follow-up.

This is the worse site forum I've ever seen!!!!  >:(

Shame on you people!!  >:(

Milbo

Shame on you mfgrmn.

This is an opensource project. Instead of blaming us we should do something, you could just do it yourself and donate it. Without people doing that, virtuemart would not exist/not work. If you are not a developer, pay a developer and then donate it, if this feature is so important for you.

The recommend to a friend feature is most time anyway not used, due the danger of spam. We added in the last new version captcha and we change the layout.

But answers like yours give me idea to let it like it is. You are one of this people, for you it is normal to get a birthday present and if it is not what you wanted to have, then you are upset. Man, there are people who didnt get a birthday present since years.
I think you wont be thankful anyway and you wont donate anything.

Why do you think you have the right to make a demand? Do we have any business with you, except that you use our free software?

Quote from: mfgrmn on March 13, 2014, 08:45:00 AM
OMG!!!.... but do any of the Virtuemart developers or administrators ever answer any of these questions on their own forum. Everywhere I search no one answers anything, ...

OMG!!!.... but do any of the Virtuemart webagencies or shopowners ever pay for any of these questions on their own forum. Everywhere I search no one want to pay anything?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mfgrmn

Yeeeah rrrrrrrrright!
1) If I new how to do it myself, then I wouldn't be here asking. So your statement doesn't make any sense.
2) PAy a developer then put it here??? You mean do your job for you. Its your product, and your not paying us either. While I'm sure you still make money integrating your product with other companies, else how else do you survive...on applause??? So don't tell me you do it for free. Thats BS! Your making money as developers because of people like myself who use your product. 
3) So what gives me the right to demand? Well as a consumer/user of your product. Thats how I donate too. I'm one of thousands of users who have helped promote your product for free by using it...so where's my donation?!  And if and when I do have a solution, I have helped some of the other  fellow members who most feel as I do, not just me, even though I'm not qualified professional like yourselves. I have looked out for some of them since I know none of you offered no response to help them out...not even a response!   

So if anyone should be ashamed, is yourselves for putting out a product for people to use then a support forum that none of you support to really promote your product even further so users like myself can help build your company/rep even more so you can make your money as developers. Without us, your product wouldn't have any rank or any ratings or credit. So shame on you for not standing by your product or your company "As Professionals" that supposedly never make any money off of us!  Yeah Rrrrright!   ???  :o  ::)

And by the way...just by your answer....I would never want to hire you. Your attitude stinks. And its reflected on this site. It just shows your true lack of professionalism to customer service, sense of pride, standing by your work, and your client would be at your mercy after having gotten paid and you still wouldn't try to fix it. instead...you'd waste all your energies in telling them just how wrong they are. You're like that one lazy co-worker who would complain all the time and make any excuse why not to work and do what he was hired to do..Cause he thinks he's to good for that! And will defend that laziness to the death! But is right there in the front line to take credit and have his hand out to receive that bonus that everyone else on the team deserved except him. Good Attitude is everything my friend...for everything, Especially for getting hired, not just skills! Remember that the next time you manage to get hired.

AH

Only 25 posts in and we are ranting  :'(

The VM team's work is not altruistic, we are all aware as to the business mechanics of open source generating revenues for the teams invloved in such projects.

However, as users of this free starting point, we too benefit greatly from their work and associated suppliers.  If we did not, we would choose another product that gaves us the benefits we were seeking.

That said, just because the product is "free" (assuming that time invested in making it meet your needs costs you nothing and you never need to buy time or plugins) does not mean that it should be "shoddy".

The VM team clearly invest time in sorting out bugs and adding new features and are keeping the porject well and truly alive.

Please let them make enough money to continue the development as I cannot afford to fund them from my meager earnings, all I can give is help here.

Whilst you say that the forum is the "worst you have ever seen" many of us actively review and benefit from the responses provided.

I guess you will move on to another "free" offering and I hope that you get what you seek.  Although I think wherever you go, even if it is paid, you will end up with having to compromise.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

thank you Hutson, I think also this time, that this guy can serve community at best moving on.

Quote from: mfgrmn on March 17, 2014, 08:24:18 AM
Yeeeah rrrrrrrrright!
1) If I new how to do it myself, then I wouldn't be here asking. So your statement doesn't make any sense.
2) PAy a developer then put it here??? You mean do your job for you. Its your product, and your not paying us either. While I'm sure you still make money integrating your product with other companies, else how else do you survive...on applause??? So don't tell me you do it for free. Thats BS! Your making money as developers because of people like myself who use your product.

You never understood how we earn money, right? We earn the money doing custom jobs for people like you (just a lot nicer, ofc). These custom jobs are then either given to the core or not. So if you use vm, you use a software which has a development costs of around 1 million euro. If you are not happy with the free software, change it. We are still not in any business with you. I never got any money from you.

Please read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_models_for_open-source_software

3) So what gives me the right to demand? Well as a consumer/user of your product. Thats how I donate too. I'm one of thousands of users who have helped promote your product for free by using it...so where's my donation?!
Where is the advertisment? Just using vm is not a donation. Where is your marketing. Atm you just damage us and talking bad about us. You are really barfaced, unbelievable.

And if and when I do have a solution, I have helped some of the other  fellow members who most feel as I do, not just me, even though I'm not qualified professional like yourselves. I have looked out for some of them since I know none of you offered no response to help them out...not even a response!   

LOOOOOOL, says the guy with 25 posts to the guy with more than 5000 posts, hahah. You cannot easier show your state of mind. Yes.

It just shows your true lack of professionalism to customer service, sense of pride, standing by your work

Small hint, if you do not pay me, you are not my customer. Do you get this? and it would be very professional to give anyone who is asking for it free support. Just in case you do not see the sarcasm, even if I would live 100 times longer than you, my lifetime would not be enough to help anyone. There are 10k people on this forum, every day. How should I help this people for free? How should I feed my children?

Also very funny is how you rant and insult me IN MY OWN FORUM! I could easily delete the whole thing and I have no duty to answer here.

mfgrmn

Quote from: Hutson on March 17, 2014, 11:05:12 AM
Only 25 posts in and we are ranting  :'(

The VM team's work is not altruistic, we are all aware as to the business mechanics of open source generating revenues for the teams invloved in such projects.

However, as users of this free starting point, we too benefit greatly from their work and associated suppliers.  If we did not, we would choose another product that gaves us the benefits we were seeking.

That said, just because the product is "free" (assuming that time invested in making it meet your needs costs you nothing and you never need to buy time or plugins) does not mean that it should be "shoddy".

The VM team clearly invest time in sorting out bugs and adding new features and are keeping the porject well and truly alive.

Please let them make enough money to continue the development as I cannot afford to fund them from my meager earnings, all I can give is help here.

Whilst you say that the forum is the "worst you have ever seen" many of us actively review and benefit from the responses provided.

I guess you will move on to another "free" offering and I hope that you get what you seek.  Although I think wherever you go, even if it is paid, you will end up with having to compromise.

Dear Hutson,

Much respect! You make a way better and valid point than the genius over here who's attitude still stinks in my opinion. And your quite cordial and respectful in your tone and response which I can admire and respect. So thank you for that! And you're right on counts. And not ashamed to say I was wrong. But I still contend that if there is no dialogue between the developer and the thousands of end users that use their product whether free or not, then how can we possibly progress to find solutions together which many believe including myself think is a joint effort. IN other words, you help me, then I test it and find something else they might not know or missed, I share it back, and so on and so on. But if their only response in helping means to give shotty vague lame advice or snide comments like go read a book, duhhhh, and other often rude answers like that, and then often even just ignore your post as I see throughout this forum, rather than direct or point us to where we can find the answer to which we seek, then That kind of malcontempt or lack of involvement, sorry I can't respect, he's a D**k, plain and simple!

I mean look how this guy here has responded more to my critique than to any of my other numerous previous post with real problems asking for any kind of a response with practical advice so that I may be able to offer in turn my feedback too that could in turn also help others here, as well as improve their product, a win win situation for everyone don't you think??? Instead...he waist his time on defending his lousy attitude cause I called him on it! Which makes him even more of @ss. He seems to have more time for this than for actually helping someone which is what he should have been doing since he's one of their developers. Not answering hate mail from one guy. LMAO!!!  ::) After-all there many other one guys here with real problems he could have helped to answer, rather than waist his time with me. So that right there makes him a douche!  IMHO.

And @ Milbo: No you can't address all 5000 post obviously, and you don't have to do anything if you don't want to either. But one would assume, its your forum, you created it, therefore, why create if your not going to be involved. And if you actually helped at least one, it would in turn reduce those numbers greatly cause I'm sure most of them share the same issues too, but you don't even think to address one so thats why your model I believe fails to improve your product on a faster more efficient level, because of your lousy attitude of "I only help unless they pay me"..crying like a little girl. And by the way...it wouldn't be helping if they gotta pay you, it would be work for hire, which would make you obligated in that case. And as you said time and time, this is suppose to be an open forum for All Of Us to contribute. So why not the developers too. You act Like our collective feedback isn't enough or means no sht to you either. :/  You need to be more involved rather than insulting people here which I've noticed on other post you do quite a lot and is uncalled for. Like you got a beef with everyone here yourself who just simply ask for help or simple direction! I'm only reporting what I see...so go ahead, keep trying to defend your bad behavior and lousy attitude AND malcontempt to all of us here, to not just myself. It just shows and proves more the type of person already claimed you are and shown to be. I guess its suffice to say we end users can't expect any help from you and neither should we bother asking or even bother to be here judging from all of your responses. To go somewhere else is basically what you've been saying over-all, either that or pay. Nice attitude, as if our feedback isn't valuable to you guys either as well as to others...nice! Hope you see my sarcasm here too.

slammy

WTF, how can you say, that Milbo doesn´t help at all? Did you see all the solved threads at the forum? Did you really spent some time here at the forum searching for hints of your problem or taking a look into all relating questions to this?  Do you really spent some time getting the base-settings  and KNOWLEDGE about virtuemart or the processing of websoftware? NO, you don´t. Because you mean using this free software gives you the right to ask in a harsh tone for help -speaking about bad behavior or attitude - and do nothing than using this free software product and wait for ppl spending their time to solve your interests for free. Guy sorry, but better start at your own - you have lot of work to do. regards jens