News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart billto form validation does not work

Started by tonis, March 22, 2013, 23:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonis

Hello

The validation of the billto address form does not work for me. Only the "required field validation" works fine. The email field is not validated.
Whats strange, the validation works fine on "ask question about this product".

VM 2.0.18a
J 2.5.9.

PRO

tonis

Nothing :)

Only when required form fields are empty, then it shows the default javascript warning that the "fields are required" (not the VM script warning like on "ask a question about product"). I can write anything i want to the email address and the order continues.

I do not require registration from the customers.

PRO

oh,

i might can try and see how to do this, but cant do it until monday

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tonis

To include <jdoc:include type="message" /> does not help, its the same with or without it (anyway, i have this declaration in template body).

zanardi

I can confirm the issue on VirtueMart 2.0.20b. I can insert a wrong e-mail address and it is saved without warnings.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

tjrayner

Did you get to the bottom of this as I have the same issue?

AH

yes in the userfield view the field is just set to validate that it is required, the email validation using "myValidation" has not been configured for this field.

Could do with being fixed in a release
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

kamstrup

It is not just the e-mail validation.

I have just had a customer, something must be wrong with her!
She put:
first name in Company name
zip-code in address1
City in address2
phonenumber in zip-code

Our warehouse caught this when putting the(automatically printed label) on the package.

Frustrating that this is possible.

On 2.0.20b

AH

email validation has not worked for some while, even though there is code around in the files to do it, I think that the developers have decided that the validation was not robust enough and would cause issues if implemented

As for ZIP code validation this is a country specific issue and cannot be implemented for everyone

For example if validate for numerics only (great for the US), but such validation would stop UK shops!

You can write your own validation and put it in an override in edit_address.php

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lindapowers

Quote from: kamstrup on July 17, 2013, 10:36:12 AM
It is not just the e-mail validation.

I have just had a customer, something must be wrong with her!
She put:
first name in Company name
zip-code in address1
City in address2
phonenumber in zip-code

Our warehouse caught this when putting the(automatically printed label) on the package.

Frustrating that this is possible.

On 2.0.20b

Well man that is normal and happens to us many times, customers write the city together with the zip code in the zip code field or their name in the company name.

Is called a human error and is more than normal, I don't expect VM2 to solve human errors.

Doest it really affect so much? field names are not even printed just the values.

Even more I like the fact that VM2 doesn't validate the e-mail.

You guys forget that some of us actually use invalid e-mails in purpose (telephone orders, customers that don't have an e-mail account).

Regards

WebStuff

Quote from: lindapowers on July 17, 2013, 14:46:11 PM
You guys forget that some of us actually use invalid e-mails in purpose (telephone orders, customers that don't have an e-mail account).
Fine, but the option should be there. :-)

BluCloud Group

Dear Forum members,

We were facing this same issue, but we already found a solution for it.

You can find it from the following address: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119490.0

Enjoy!
Best regards,

BluCloud Group | Boutique Software & Creative Digital Agency
info@blucloud.eu
http://www.blucloud.eu/