News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[ SOLVED ] VirtueMart categories module doesn't show anything

Started by JMoVS, March 21, 2013, 13:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMoVS

Hi,

I have a problem when I assign a menu item a "virtuemart show category layout" item. It will perfectly work and show all when I select the top most category on the right side, but when I select one specific product category to show, it just doesn't show anything.

I've set up two links in the side-menu of this page to show you what I mean:

http://knochundscholz.de/spielwiese

Virtuemart categories layut with highest order categories selected works, but virtuemart categories layout with "salben" as category results in an emtpy page.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Sorry, forgot to include Version numbers:

VirtueMart 2.0.20b
Joomla 2.5.9
PHP: 5.3.18-nmm1

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jenkinhill

Use the menu link "VirtueMart Categories Layout " with the top level category set to show all cats.

Use the menu link "Category Layout " with any category set and it will show just that category.

The problem of showing the category selector for VirtueMart Categories Layout is a Joomla issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JMoVS

Thank you very much! Solved my problem!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

ufo_hk

I'm trying to solve a problem of categories not displaying when linked to, so what is meant by:
"Use the menu link "VirtueMart Categories Layout " with the top level category set to show all cats."
in a previous post?

in particular " with the top level category set to show all cats.""

JMoVS

Sry for the slow response.

In Joomla, your view has to be present in a "menu" on your site (although it's not important to show a menu button necessarily). But there are two different "menu types" for categories view, one for the overview and one for a specific category. So if your's isn't showing anything, try choosing the other "menu item" "virtuamert category [something]" (there are two of these. One of them is going to work. ;-)

Hope that helps

skyflyer

Hello,

It seems I have the same problem here

I have no category items in the right side VM - Category module and can't figure out why. I have created three categories and a couple of product items in them but I can't get the default module on the right to show any of the categories I have created - I have only the head title of the module 'VM - Category'

I can't display the categories in the content area neither even though I made the menu item a vm category layout. All I get in the content is products view without the head title - just to rows of 3 products in them.

When I click on one of the products it gets my to the product detailed view and there is a button in right top position 'Back to: Books' and when I click the button it gets me back to the content and this time the Book category is there and its description on the top too

Does anyone know what could be the issue please?

I attach a screen shot.

Thanks in advance

Mario

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

skyflyer

I'm sorry, sure I should have done

Joomla! 2.5.16
VirtueMart 2.0.24c
PHP_VER 5

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

skyflyer

stuff ain't workin'

menu item set to categorY with the parent category selected.

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0&categorylayout=0

Then tried all the options in Config/Templates/Shopfront settings.

When the "Category Layout " set to "no override" I get the blank page as below:

http://businessleadersfactory.com/index.php/pl/sklep

When the "Category Layout " set to "categories" it also produces a blank page

When the "Category Layout " set to "default " it displays only the items in one category without the category description and title as in my previously attached image.

What about the right side menu module VM - Category? there supposed to be a list of all my three categories I created but it is blank no matter the settings :(

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

skyflyer

skyflyer