News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

registration link not shown

Started by exschnecki123, March 19, 2013, 12:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exschnecki123

Hi.

While the checkout process I can see just the login form but no link to the registration form.

I already did the following setting:

user/options - allow registration
virtuemart / configuration / ask for registration while checkout.

But it is not working:

Here is the website: www.kiezflyer24.de

I am using Joomla 2.5.6 and VirtueMart 2.0.14

Thank you for your help.

jenkinhill

Looks like either Allow User Registration is set to no in Joomla user configuration or the vmupload module is preventing registration from showing.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

exschnecki123

Dear Jenkinhill,

First I also thought that the vm upload module is causing the error. But now I took a look a three different websites where I am using Virtuemart and in all three cases there is no registration link anymore.

It says: "I am already registered" and then you can see the login. But there is no registration link. User Registration is also set to "yes". What can I do or is this an error from your side?

Thank you.

castart

Dear Jenkinhill

On my site the same problem:
"I am already registered" and then you can see the login. But there is no registration link."
User Registration is set to "yes"

I see no way to solve this problem

I'm using Joomla 2.5.9 Virtuemart 2.0.20b and PHP 5.3.3

Thanks
Cast-Art

exschnecki123

I found out where you can register. You have to click on "inser/edit address" under invoice address. In my Onlineshop it is in German "Rechnungsadresse" and then "Adresse eingeben/bearbeiten". Unfortunatley this is not very user friendly as no one knows that you can register here.

jenkinhill

But you can change the words to whatever you want using language overrides.  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113895.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

vm_ASL

Hi There,

-- joomla 2.5.9.
-- vm 2.0.20b

i want my users to register at checkout and only registered users can checkout...

i had to find the activation link somewhere, because users cannot register by hitting the add/edit address button below the login fields...
joomla user registration activated, confirmation is not needed

the form on that page doesn't do anything, except checking for email, but does not create an account.

And if the user has forgotton username or password, the correspondent links from the (joomla?) login form on top of the checkout page takes him to the component/users/?view=reset or remind page... or even worse, if loggin in wrong, to the component/users/?view=registration page of joomla...

how can this be made more userfriendly?

the cache plugin as well as the joomla system cache is off due to cart errors otherwise.

btw: i found the registration link in components/com_virtuemart/views/user/login.php lines 161 - 169 - where it was deactivated... tried to make an override, which doesn't work in templates/html/com_virtuemart/user/login.php

ONLY by using this link, a user can register and checkout... BUT even here, the fields 'username' 'fullname' and even 'password' are not required..

harrykr

Find the following commented code in components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/login.php at line starting from 149

<?php /*
          $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_users' );
          if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) { ?>
          <div class="width30 floatleft">
          <a  class="details" href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user' ); ?>">
          <?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_REGISTER'); ?></a>
          </div>
          <?php }
         */ ?>

Remove the comment. The "Create an account" link will be visible under login area.