News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Tax & Calculation Rule

Started by chrlar, March 19, 2013, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrlar

Is there a way to have the only "Tax & Calculation Rule" we have, set to default for all products?  :)

chrlar

Because it would be so much easier to have our tax rule as default when adding new products.
That way we wouldn't forget to change it, since we add the product's price without tax, when adding a new product.

Help, anyone? :) Please... :)

jjk

VM will show you "Apply Default Rules" right next to the 'Base Price' when you enter your price. If you actually have only one tax rule published, you will see only this rule listed at the right side of the rules selection dropdown. If you leave it like this and click on 'Save' it's automatically selected.

...however, it's a mystery to me, that most shop owners don't use more of the calculation rules which can be set up in VirtueMart. Why not enter the the cost price (what you have to pay to your supplier) and let VM automatically add your profit margin, tax, currency conversions, discounts, surcharges, etc and of course the final sales price, so you don't have to do these calculations elsewhere. For example, in my old static html shop, it took me a whole week to change prices manually if I had to adjust them because of a significant change of the currency exchange rate. Now I let VM take care of that - with a few mouse clicks finished in 15 seconds...
;)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

chrlar

When I add a new product, this is how it looks: (see attached image)

We would like for the "MVA" rule to appear without having to use the drop down menu and choose it for every product.

(... as for your mystery... this is why we don't do the calculations in VM:
We have a local store in Norway, using a Norwegian accounting / cashier system (Mamut) with all the necessary calculations and we are working on how to automate the transfer of stock status from Mamut to VM. And we only have our business here in Norway, and with NOK as the only currency and one MVA tax rule.)

:)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

According to your screenshot you didn't set up a tax rule yet, which VirtueMart can apply to your new product.
You need to set one in your VM administration > Products > Taxes & Calculation Rules as 'VAT tax per Product', like in the screeshot below and publish it. If this is your only tax rule, it will be automatically added if you don't touch the 'Apply default rules' dropdown in the Product Edit view (because it's preselected already), when you save your new product. See second example screenshot.

chrlar

Our rule was like your example. But still not working like you say. :(

Se image 1 and 2: :)

jjk

Delete "Norway" in the 'Country' field of your MVA tax form and leave it blank. If you enter i.e. "Norway" in the 'Country' field, this is a restriction that you have to select from the dropdown list.

chrlar

Yes! Thanks... it works.. :)

chrlar

Just some additional info:

It looked like it worked fine, until we added a new product and noticed that the price changed. (This only applied for the new products, the old products were not affected.)
That is, if I was not logged in (front end) it displayed the price without vat tax.
And if I logged in (front end) the price was right, with vat tax (and also specifying the tax).

See image price.jpg.
Then we removed the shopper group we had added (see image mva1.jpg which I added in a previous post). And that did it.

Just thought this info might be useful for others like me... (who needs help sometimes) ;)