News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

children products are not displayed

Started by TAIWAR, March 18, 2013, 21:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAIWAR

I use vm 2.0.20b
I want to have a product with 3 choices list : prodparfum1, prodparfum 2, prodparfum3 ( each product have stock)
So I created  a product parent name productTest where I added 3 children products but at the frontend there are no children products....
I cant find my pb...

webmaxter

I have absolutely the same problem. Is there any solution?
How to display child products?

angusmcr

im having the same difficulty  i have set up 4 products 1 parent and 3 child. i can not get the child products to display in the parent product details page.

I have 4 products the same but they are different sizes so i need to have an individual product for each so that the weight is calculated correctly for postage.

in the old version of virtuemart this was easy to do but i can find a way to add the in vm2.

Is it possible to display child products and if so is there a guide some where?

MarkUK

This seems a little odd.
I, too, can't seem to display child products as a child of the parent.  I'm using VM2.0.20b on Joomla 2.5.9/

Looking in the default template for product detail there is a comment in the header

* @todo handle child products

which makes me think that it's not possible to do this (yet).
Is that right?

(Incidentally, I have looked in the manual and tutorial sections on the documentation site, but wasn't able to find anything to help)

IEdwards

I'm trying to do this also. There seems to be so much functionality from VM1 that is missing in VM2 - very frustrating.

Ian
Information Systems for Business

jhdesign

Same issue here as well, anyone find a solution?

So many working features in VM1 are no longer functional in VM2

zainabubu

dylanphelan

Anne M

While creating child products is it essential to assign this child product to the correct product category.
Default no product category is assigned! Therefore the child product is not showing

groetjes,
Anne M

Maxim Pishnyak

Child products aren't displayed? Post here link to parent product then!
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

bogusj

I have the same problem. This product has children and the list of the children is not displayed, in order to select a child product.
http://www.podilatodromio.gr/j25/index.php/component/virtuemart/clothes/base-layers/endura-baa-baa-merino-detail?Itemid=0

Please advice.

Matt_Ginn

Have you tried creating a custom field of type 'generic child variant' and adding that to the parent product?

bogusj

Yes, it works this way. However, I had migrated to VM2 from VM1.1. Shouldn't the migrator do this? I have thousands of products that have children. Do I have to do the same thing for all of them? This is a big pain. Isn't there any easier way?