News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Recurring Payments

Started by romatvirtue, March 18, 2013, 16:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romatvirtue

Dear Virtuemart community. I need to implement a recurring payments feature with Virtuemart and do not know how to do that.

What I am looking for is something similar to what Amazon has, so that users can schedule a purchase of a specific product(s) after certain amount of time and be billed/charged accordingly.

There is an extension available that does the job through PayPal, but I do not want to use PayPal. I need to be able to use any gateway I want.

Is there anything like that currently available?

Thanks so much,
Mike.

romatvirtue

Is there any one who could give me some ideas or thoughts, please?

romatvirtue

I am actually surpriced that nothing is available on being able to schedule payments...

jenkinhill

I do not remember anyone mentioning/requesting such a requirement, even in the old days of VirtueMart 1.1

So if you need it I guess you will have to write your own plugin or commission a developer to make one for you, which I see you have already done. But your budget is a little on the light side....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

romatvirtue

Thanks for writing back. This solution sounds like a great feature for those who want to keep buying the same product on monthly basis, as an example and do not want to keep going to the site and ordering it. I know that many e-commers stores offer that, so that's why I was kind of surprised that VM doesn't have it based on current features and its capabilities.

I listed the budget as $1 simply because I had to put something. I do not know how much this kind of project would cost.

jenkinhill

To work with any gateway would make it expensive, especially since not all payment providers support regular/repeat payments, so some would need workarounds. I'd budget $500 and upwards, some of which could be recouped if the developer allows you to subsequently sell the plugin to others, although there could be support issues.

Within my clients monthly shipping of products and similar standing orders are usually maintained by backoffice staff and billed by direct debit.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lindapowers

Hi

I'm looking for something similar to what you describe and I wonder if after this time you found something that works for you?

jermo5

Did anyone on here find any viable recurring payment solutions for Virtuemart? I have found these 2 options:

http://www.virtuemartrecurring.com/vrpm/
http://www.openglobal.co.uk/shop/joomla/virtuemart/virtuemart-paypal-recurring-payments-detail.html

But was wondering if anyone had any experience. I have tried contacting the VRPM support/sales staff for over a month but I get no response from them, so that concerns me. I just wrote the sales team for the 2nd site just now so we will see if that gets me anywhere. But I am weary of installing any product that hasn't been reviewed or recommended by others.

bonne[id]

Hi,
I am interested too, for web hosting offer. Any feedback from any solution ?
Thanks

jermo5

It took me a while to pull the trigger but I eventually wound up going with the second option (http://www.openglobal.co.uk/shop/joomla/virtuemart/virtuemart-paypal-recurring-payments-detail.html). We have it up and running on our DEV clone site and it's working fairly well. The support is great from them as they respond to my emails fairly quickly. We can even mix together in your cart a one-time pay product and a recurring product. Paypal handles it seamlessly. We haven't rolled out into production just yet, but based on my tests in DEV it works great and is well worth the cost of the product. Let me know how it goes for you.

alatak

Hello

payment recurring options needs to be implemented on payment provider basis.
For which payment do you need that ?

bonne[id]

Thank you Jermo5, I'll have a look.
Hi Alatak, we are thinking using Paypal.

rick900

You might want to try a service like Payolee. They offer recurring payments.

http://www.payolee.com/recurring-payments