News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Please accept the terms of service to confirm" BUG after upgrade to 2.0.20a

Started by jcmanc, March 17, 2013, 09:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcmanc

Everything was working fine on my site until I upgraded to the latest (2.0.20a) version yesterday. I'm running the latest Joomla 2.5.9.

Now when a user clicks on the "Checkout Now" button, they remain on the same page but with the following message:

"Please accept the terms of service to confirm"

and are now unable to proceed as neither the Terms of Service checkbox, or label text appear.

I have:

Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER? - YES
Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout? - YES

selected in the backend admin configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jcmanc

Just reverted back to previous version through my backup and its now working fine so clearly there is an issue with the new 2.0.20a upgrade

menfbeast

madamsplash

Yup me too - but it's to do with Shop Licious - as if I dismantle that - Virtuemart works fine
http://splash.net.au - Beginners since 1994 - everybody in Virtuemart is a Beginner - unless they sign up as an expert - hey you gonna do that?

Milbo

We just moved the TOS to the begin of the checkout process. The rest is the same.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

WebStuff

Version info:      VM2.0.20a  -  J2.5.9
This is still happening on mine.

This bug happened intermittently with 2.0.18 but usually clearing cache and cookies and restarting the browser sorted it out but not so far with 2.0.20a
I've cleared both several times and even reverted my cart template override(just minor layout) just incase but still no go. :(

EDIT:
In FireBug this seems to be the offending input : <input type="hidden" value="0" name="tosAccepted">
Even after ticking the box this hidden value stays at 0 I would imagine it should go to 1.

EDIT 2: This would seem to be a SEF issue as if I disable SEF it seems to work okay. Will investigate further.

csimmo

Add me to the list of those suffering from this issue.
VM 2.0.20b
Joomla 2.5.9

csimmo

My template doesn't use a customized cart, but they did help me solve the issue. You need to reset the VM config file. This fixed the problem for me.

WebStuff

Quote from: csimmo on March 31, 2013, 11:09:59 AM
My template doesn't use a customized cart, but they did help me solve the issue. You need to reset the VM config file. This fixed the problem for me.
How do you mean reset it?

juansolos

csimmo

under tools there is an option to reset the virtuemart config file. I had to do it twice in 2 days though.

franzpeter

Does that happen with the default VM template too? If not, it is a template issue.

Milbo

Quote from: madamsplash on March 24, 2013, 11:57:13 AM
Yup me too - but it's to do with Shop Licious - as if I dismantle that - Virtuemart works fine
Updated version was 1 day later already uploaded.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member