News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Checkout of a Pending order

Started by frankiefredericks, January 22, 2013, 10:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankiefredericks

Hi....I'm new to virtuemart and I'm trying to understand something.

I defined a few methods of payment. Let's say the customer selects paypal. If he clicks cancel and return to shop the status is correctly changed to cancellled.
lf, for some reason, he closes the page before completing the transaction, the order stays pending.
When he logs back in, he can go to Orders list, but if he clicks on the order, I don't see any way to complete or edit the order. I was looking for a Checkout button or even a way to cancel it.

Is it possible? And is there a way I can test paypal method without actually pay something?

Thanks
Federico

frankiefredericks

Quote from: smith122 on January 22, 2013, 12:28:42 PM
It is the default and there  cart and as the order gets processed for testing it is set to Pending .

I don't understand your answer...

Added by mod:  Not surprised it is unintelligible - it was spam.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

frankiefredericks

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 22, 2013, 15:42:17 PM
Test PayPal using their Sandbox system -  https://developer.paypal.com/

Thank you for your answer, it will be very useful.....

I should have noticed it was spam....I thought I was the problem since English is not my native language....thanks for that too

Do you happen to have any idea on how to complete a pending order from the customer side?

Thanks

jenkinhill

An order is changed to confirmed when the payment plugin being used tells it to update. ie when the customer has completed the payment.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

frankiefredericks

I know, everything goes fine if the customer completes the payment (the order goes from pending to confirmed).
But suppose he doesn't complete the payment and he just closes everything. When he comes back, the order is still Pending, so he goes to the orders list, clicks the order in pending status and....he can't do nothing more.
I espected he could complete the order even in this phase. Am I wrong?

Thanks

garda

Hi,
I understood your problem, because I have the same problem.
Did you find a solution?

jenkinhill

If the shopper closes the browser the pending order is cancelled - that's how it works for me in 2.0.20a.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK