News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Cost price/Base price/Final price 2

Started by jarosz, March 15, 2013, 13:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarosz

On the Product page there are three prices - Cost price, Base price & Final price.

I would like:
Cost price = cost at which I buy products
Base price = selling price before VAT
Final price = selling price including VAT

However every time I change the Cost price and Save, VM 2.0.18a changes the Base price to equal Cost price.

How can I stop the base price being calculated from the cost price, or vice versa?

I want tobe able to put the cost price in separately, and not have it calculated.

jux

I dont know as well? how is taht possible please?

Maxim Pishnyak

Your VM version? Could you be more specific?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

AH

Here is my suggestion based on the way VM uses the prices in product pricing.

Cost price =  VM BASE price
Final price = Selling price inc VAT
Ex-vat = From pricing configuration - Sales Price without tax

Make sure you have the configuration for pricing set to show (at least)
Tax in cart = Y
Round prices only in display = N

Salesprice without tax = Y

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

oviliz

I know that this post is near to a year.

Anyway, I think that jarosz was specific enough. I have the same question till my Cost Price is different than the Base Price for each product. Is not an exact percentage so I cannot create a rule (I think that's supposed to work) to increase the Base Price by Y%. I should be able to have two prices without any relation, Cost Price and Base/Start Price.
On that I would like to create different wholesale prices rules, VAT etc.

Is that possible?

AH

You could always create yourself a new field in the database to store a supplier cost price

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=122703.msg428028#msg428028
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

oviliz

jux

Would the developer considering include this important feature that is purchase price in the newest VM release one day?
I think there is many many shop owner that need and still waiting to enter manually the price there are buying their goods in VM ?
It is not common that all products are having the same margin percentage so it would be much easier to enter manually the cost price and best would be to record all change of purchase price...
I use to work as a buyer and all products had their purchase price history, discount history, selling price history

Very usefull for stat

Because at the moment the stat you can make with VM are very poor...

It would be awsome to get that one day with VM even if it is a  plug in that need to be install (which i think not fair for those like myself that you are paying a licence to support the extension already) 

No?

jux

OK i have spoken to Valérie and apparently this is Max the expert maybe he could help us... as this question have been asked since 2013.

The issue at the moment with VM is this:

* There is no possibility to know our stock value (the total price of all our stock )
* If we have a shop that are selling and changing regulary the public price it is a nigthmare to use a Taxe rule in order to calculate the margin.

Per exemple:

product A: im buying at 25€ and would like to sell at 57€ and then 55.5€ and then 53€, using the taxe rule is a nightmare as when we have more than 1000 products with all different margin rules it is nearly impossible to use taxe rule % or + or -

When Virtuemart will have a field in order to enter manually the price we buy our product (cost price) and then only enter the public price in an another field?

Thank you

AH

In answer to your question :-

QuoteWhen Virtuemart will have a field in order to enter manually the price we buy our product (cost price) and then only enter the public price in an another field?

There is no plan as far as I can see to add a supplier Cost Price to Virtuemart.

I have already shown you how to add your own Cost price field:-

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=122703.msg428028#msg428028

Simply posting the same question time after time will not make for a system change, you might be better using your time to add the field you require.  This is, after, all part of the benefit of using open source systems.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0