Author Topic: Rebuild Thumbnails  (Read 34753 times)

smitha.i21

• Beginner
Re: Rebuild Thumbnails
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 04:31:26 am »
Hi Guys

I was trying to resize my thumbnails on my site, and I used the below sql code, which then made ALL my thumbnails FULLSIZE

"update jos_vm_product set product_thumb_image = product_full_image"

Also, my 'resized' folder is now empty.
(/public_html/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/resized)

QUESTION: Can I set the exact size of my thumbnails on my product list page?

QUESTION: Can I have two differnt thumbnail sizes? One size for the product list page where it shows all products, and another thumbnail size for the product details page?

I have looked at a gazillion forums and tried everything, and nothing is working for me :(

Please help, my site looks ridicolous with full size thumbnails all over it :\

WinTeX

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 19:11:16 pm »
Seroiusly, so complicated for me. How can be that hard to set the +++obsecenity removed+++  images to the size that I want oh my lord!

Mod edit: bad language is not permitted in this forum.

zigsdesign

• Beginner
    • Zigs Design - Website Development and Web Hosting
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 21:10:03 pm »
I have been going nuts trying to figure out this issue. I did the SQL command in the first post of this thread and that worked fine but the thumbnails were not displaying in the browse page, related products, etc. I figured out the issue. It was in the show_image_in_imgtag.php file. There is a call to the Joomla configuration file which I had moved outside the the root web folder. Once I moved it back into the root web folder, everything worked fine!
Best Regards,

Chris Ellerbroek
Zigs Design

cte2087

• Beginner
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 23:22:59 pm »
I am still running Joomla 1.5.18 with a Virturemart build of 1.1.4. I have auto thumb creation turned on for product images. I have the thumbnail auto-generating with the main product image. I have also added additional images to the products and they display on the fly page, but they appear the same size as the category/global thumb. I need them to be even smaller on the flyout page and I cannot for the life of me get the "resize" to work in the media pop-up when adding the additional images.What am I missing?

I have read numerous threads on problems that sound similar, but none of the solutions seem to work. Does anyone have a suggestion/solutions that is proven to work? Virtuemart....have you addressed this issue somewhere that I can read and make the adjustment? Do I need to upgrade the client's WHOLE site?

Thanks,
CTE2087

remico

• Beginner
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 13:00:55 pm »
Anyone interested in a solution for this? I have one without hacking core files. Only SQL!  (J1.5.26 VM 1..1.9)

- First empty the resized folder (this will force GD to recreate)
- Then run this SQL: update jos_vm_product set product_thumb_image = product_full_image
- Browse to all your categories to force thumbnail recreation (you'll see the generated thumnails in te resized folder).
- After all categories are browsed run this SQL: update jos_vm_product set product_thumb_image = concat('resized/',substring(product_full_image,1,length(product_full_image)-4), '_120x120.jpg') *

Now you have new thumbnails based on the full images!

* change '120x120' if you have other dimensions set in VM Dynamic thumbnail generation. You could also add a test product to see the filename in the resized folder.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 00:33:44 am »
Yep, I can confirm remico's fix does do it. I did this long ago and forgot to update.
Further, I've added to this code to check for existing thumbs and product a non-dynamic link for these images processed by ps_product->image_tag. Anyone still on 1.1 and interested, I can go further into detail.
I've also made it so the code works for specifying new dimensions in template files, rather than just in the admin settings, for rebuild, thus if anyone is not happy with just one size of thumb, it will allot for the rebuild any number of custom sizes specified.