How to make payments with credit card in Virtuemart?

Started by andrai2, March 12, 2013, 15:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrai2

Hello!

Can someone tell me how to make payment methods with creditcard?
Maybe there is some extensions ar module?

I have joomla 2.5 and  virtuemart 2.0.14

Can some one give me some ideas how to manage it?

And when do I have to go to my local bank to sign a contract?

May be someone can write some quidelines. Step 1 , Step 2, Step 3

Thanks in advance!

jenkinhill

@andrai, only use that plugin if you already have a system for offline card processing - ie a merchant bank account and a pdq card processing machine. If not then you will need to set up a third party card processor, many do that through their business bank, assuming thay have a business bank account and a good trading history.

For people new to eCommerce many just use PayPal. An account is easy to set up, PayPal is well known, and depending on your country and type of account, credit or debit cards can be used by shoppers who do not have their own PayPal account.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

andrai2

Thanks for answers, will try to go for it, i whent to the local bank, they say, tahat they will give some codes, i dont konw how it work together, but we will see, hope ther will be some "plug and play" system, maybe later i will inform, did i sucsseed.

Thanks again

lorartemis

Quote from: alatak on March 12, 2013, 21:53:58 PM
Hello
http://extensions.virtuemart.net/payments/offline-credit-card-processing-detail

Is there an option for debit cards?    My clients  have bought this plugin and can't process cards like Visa Debit, Maestro etc and are driving me nuts.  Can this be added to the options?

Penn Wooding

I also need to set up credit card payments on a website. Because we sell weapons and ammunition, albeit decommissioned, PayPal have blocked us so we cannot use them to accept payments. So I need to set up a system where people can use their credit card/debit cards. There are quite a few plug-ins listed, which one would be suitable? If not, I suppose I will have to do use a third-party credit card payment system. However, I have just purchased an SSL certificate so we would obviously like to make use of this.