News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Can't update order status

Started by moustik_3, March 12, 2013, 10:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moustik_3

Hello,

Everything worked fine until this morning. I tried to confirm the orders of my clients, and send them a confirmation email but... when i try to do that in the backend admin pannel of vm2, it just redirects to the main joomla admin page (administrator/index.php) without updating anything.

Even if I try to filter the orders by the status, I have the same result: redirected to the same page without any error msg.

Not sure what the problem can be...any idea?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

moustik_3

Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.8 Stable [ Ember ] 8-November-2012 14:00 GMT

Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

Virtuemart version : Installed version 2.0.14

PHP Version    5.3.22

jenkinhill

Thanks. It it suddenly started happening then someting you or your host did is most likely. Ask the host if they "updated" anything. Check .htaccess has not been changed, check for JavaScript conflicts in backend..

J2.5.8 has a low level security issue and VM2.0.14 is a bit out of date (now at 2.0.20)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

amanche

Hi,

I've just got the same problem after installing a local tested VM (Joomla 2.5.9, VM 2.0.20b) on the the providers webspace. In my case the solution was to decrease the value of "Default items per listing view" (Configuration, Tab "Shopfront") to 100 (after 1000 for testing).

For me it looks like a timeout on the providers server or something similar and could result also in configuration changes by the provider (runtime oder query limits).

Regards

Achim

AccessIPD

New installation with the same issue.
J 3.4.6
VM  3.0.12
Changing backend listing view to 100 from 200 fixed the issue. maybe a bug?
Or maybe a conflict with Gantry?

Thanks amanche for the tip!

jenkinhill

A simple case of insufficient resources on the server. Gantry has nothing to do with the BE template, it just screws the FE.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jnzken

AccessIPD.. thank you, thank you. I have been looking for an answer to this problem for a looooong time now. Using 2.6.20 so had to go to....  configuration -> Templates tab -> "Backend default items per list view" set to 100 or less. I used 75 and it worked perfectly.

Jenkinhill... if it is a case of insufficient resources on the server, is that a setting we typically have access to in our control panal on the hosting company or is it something they have to fix?

GJC Web Design

resources..  it depends on your host ( we are basically talking memory and perhaps cpu & mysql etc here )

The host may increase your memory if it isn't already on their maximum allowed.. in my cPanel Hosting I can choose the memory allocated up to my hosts maximum of 512MB via my php settings

But all hosts are different .. some pile 100's of sites on a single server and set a max of 128MB.. so everyone is queing waiting on cpu and sql to come free or experiencing blank screens cos the memory runs out

Some are responsible .....   ;)

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation