News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VirtueMart2 – Custom Product Suggestions for Customers

Started by jkalb123, May 31, 2012, 11:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkalb123

Hi to all.  I really need to get pointed in the right direction.  I have looked through tons of forums and could not find something related to what I need.  Here is what I am trying to do.

I need to create a tool that lets the Customer/User, select what they like from a survey/poll style questionnaire to find products that are based on their selections from the questionnaire.

There will be 3 Categories and 3 options per category, so 9 altogether on the survey/poll page.  They will all be radio buttons with only 1 selection available per category.  So there will be 3 user-selected choices at the end of the questionnaire.

When they submit the questionnaire, it will permanently remember their selections, and display products according to their preferences.

They should be able to take the questionnaire multiple times, which will make the displayed items more relevant, depending on how many they have done, and what their choices were.

The concept is that the more times they use this, the more fine-tuned the products are that are displayed to them.

Keeping track of all of their questionnaire data is not an issue.  I want it to be completely customized for every stored customer with their individual preferences.

This is what I would like to have happen.
1.   The customer registers for the site.
2.   Profile creation.
3.   1st survey is implemented.
4.   Upon survey submission, the data is stored permanently to the users profile.
5.   The survey data helps custom pick our products based on user choices.
6.   The survey can be done as many times as needed and the data is stored permanently to their profile.
7.   The more surveys they take, the more user specified selections are used to display only what they are interested in.

From the user/customer perspective, this is what should happen.
1.   I register as a customer.
2.   I provide my pertinent information for account.
3.   I am prompted to complete a first survey about my preferences.
4.   Upon submit, I see products that are within what I selected.
5.   Account is created.
6.   I am given the option to complete more surveys.
7.   I am told that the more surveys that I do, the better the products are shown to me based on my preferences.
8.   I can leave the survey upon completion and save the data.
9.   If I leave prior to completion, the data is lost.
10.   I can leave at any point, after a survey is completed, and all information will be saved to my account/profile.

I am totally open to using any suggested plugin for VirtueMart as a base to get started, or ANY information that anyone has.  I just need help on where to get started with creating this.  I have the concept, but am not sure where I should be looking or if I am covering all of my bases.  Many thanks to any help!!

Sincerely,

Jeremiah

balai

Hi Jeremiah

You are searching for something very specific i don't think that such an extension exists.

Maybe you could use 1 of the quiz/questionaire joomla extensions for the user preferencies part or possibly the existing extensions for creating and storing forms.

You can assign custom fields to your VM products which will be the same as your questions. This way you can use a filtering extension such as Custom Filters for filtering the products by custom fields.

The hard part is to transform the answers to custom field options and pass them to the filtering extension.
I hope that this helped you a bit.

maxstjb

Hi Jeremiah,
I know this has been posted a long time ago, but I'd like to know if you have found anything that fits your needs? I'm looking for a very similar solution, so if you've found anything that does what you were looking for it could probably work for me as well!
Thank you.
Max