VM 2.0.18a / J 2.5.9 - Pagination at Manufacturers

Started by walkerit, March 07, 2013, 11:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerit

My client reported the following Problem. I'm not sure if this is a Problem of the Template or VM itself. I hope that someone could help me solving this Problem:
Our Manufacturer-Page links directly to the Manufacturer-Products. Just to short out the way over the Manufacturer-Details-Page. If a Manufacturer has as much items that the pagination has to be displayed, the pagination isn't working. So when you click on Page 2 etc. It still remains on Page 1.
Strange is that the limiter (eg. /results,21-40) seems to be correct.
This also happens as soon you limit a category-page by Manufacturers.

As a dirty workarround I setted the default Limitation to 500. So no pagination is needed for any Manufacturer, but this makes the resulted pages big and slow loading.

You can see this problem on my Clients Page: http://www.kk-beauty.ch/ -> go to "Top-Marken" -> click on "Nars" (has lots of Items) -> Set the Limitator to 20 or something beyond 100 -> Try to browse the Pagination

UPDATE:
We Now use another Workaround to Provide Manufacturer-Pages without the Pagination-Problem. So you won't see the problem. The Page "Marken" uses now a usual Joomla-Article with Links to the VM-Search, where the Problem doesn't appear.
So here you can See the Problem:
Open a Product of the Brand NARS -> click on the Manufacturer Link in the Product -> Click on "Alle NARS Produkte anzeigen" -> Change the Limiter to 12 Would result the following page: http://www.kk-beauty.ch/index.php/shop/manufacturer/nars/results,1-12 (That shows all The Products of the Manufacturer NARS.) You see that the Pagination isn't working at all.
The Same effect you'll have when you're opening a category and filter it with the Manufacturer-Dropdown. The Pagination isn't working too. Eg. go to Online Shop -> Makeup -> Gesicht -> Then Filter with a Manufacturer eg. NARS, then change the showed Products to 6, that the Pagination would be displayed. (Would Result this Link: http://www.kk-beauty.ch/index.php/shop/manufacturer/nars/makeup/gesicht2013-03-21-12-28-52/results,1-6)

sandstorm

I have same problem with same versions in Manufacturer details page and category views.
I am using Sh404 - latest version
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

sandstorm

Has anybody got a solution?
I am using;
VM 2.0.18a
J2.5.9
SH404 3.7.0.1485

and the pagination problem is still not working?

Pagination works fine with SH404 off, it works fine with default Joomla SEF, it works with default and custom templates.
It just doesn't work when SH404 is on. Just refreshes the page?

I also tried with the "Use product & category ID's" checked in the VM configuration, but this still doesn't work when SH404 is on?
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

walkerit

It seems that there's a Problem with the Template (Thanks Marcos Salvatierra to from VELMATRIS for investigating). At mine Page it is the Problem, that we're using a Themplate witch is develpped for VM 2.0.6 on VM 2.0.18a. We now have to debug the whole category-Template...

Peter Pillen

Could you tell us which part of the category template was causing the problem? I'm having similar issues and I'm not sure if it's my template that is causing the problem.

sandstorm

My problem was specifically pagination and SH404, which I have now fixed.

I had a setting out of place in SH404 > Configuration > Component > Virtuemart - Instead of use default plugin I have "Use joomla router selected".

Changing this fixed my problem, but opened another one, in that some links where missing.

After lots of purging URL's and help from SH404, we found that setting Joomla SEF on & SH404 on, fixed all my problems - search my name in SH404 forums for more detailed help on this or send me a PM

AC
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

walkerit

The issue is now fixed.
The Problem was that we used a view.html.php in /components/com_virtuemart/views/category designed for an earlier VM-Version (I think 2.0.6). We had just to replace the file with the actual view.html.php and the Problem has been fixed.

@P2 Peter
If you are replacing the view.html.php you may have to change some code in the categoriy-Template.