Feature Development - Rollover popup box to describe new "mass associate..."

Started by John2400, September 16, 2012, 13:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2400

I see the new features of mass associate categories and Shoppergroups"  - could you add a description to what they are as you rollover them.

I have had a look - I presume I can now click on a few products then click mass associate and they then pop into as many categories as I like.  ( that way I don't have to do each product one at a time and add them to many categories)  This is excellent for say having a specials category of the week/ day - and you could add a discount tax to that category.

OrI presume I can pick products and then click and add them to a group quickly- or undo them - great for shops who want a special on products for a day or weekend only for their special customers.

excellent

Parsimonious

It does seem like a good thing. Only problem is I can't seem to bulk disassociate. So if you make a mistake, or just change your mind it can't be undone. Hopefully I'm just  missing something - any suggestions?

Wow. Just discovered that further to this it is not adding an associating, but changing it. So if you have something in a category for example "clocks", than do bulk associate to "weekend special". the piece will no longer be listed in clocks. So when your special is over you have to re-associate everything again, which could be a lot of work if you moved products from many categories. Also that means a customer browsing "clocks" during your special won't see that clock in its proper category. This feature will be useful for some occasions, but be very careful before using it because it caused a lot of extra work for me. (I took a list of items I wanted to associate with a 2nd category, but realized too late I had all the child products listed too and now have to manually disassociate them from the category since they should not have any category)

OK, so it's not so bad. To dissociate the child product I just needed to select them all and do the bulk associate with nothing checked. To keep other products in their original categories just make sure to recheck the original category and the new one.

It would still be helpful to be able to bulk disassociate so if you put products from a variety of home categories in a temporary category together you could easily just remove them without having to filter and reassign each original category.

ironlion37

John2400

ironlion37

Thanks John2400  :)

Would be nice if it was possible to associate categories. So if I associated categories A and B, B would always show as a related category when viewing A.

(I won't be holding my breath  ;))