News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shoppers Group and prices for them (VM2) - PLEASE HELP

Started by Jessica28, March 07, 2013, 02:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica28

Hello,
I am am using the latest version of VM 2.0.18a and I am trying to do the following things, please let me know if it's possible.
It's for an online coffee store.

1. I have 2 shoppers group - Default and Wholesale
2. Every product has different sizes, for example:
400 gram - $10
500 gram - $15
700 gram - $20

This is what I am trying to do:
1. I want the Wholesale group to be able to order only wholesale quantities, for example:
10KG- $100
15KG - $120
20KG - $140

and I don't want them to see the default quantities (example 400gram, 500 gram).
I was thinking to use custom fields (cart attribute option) but then how do I assign attribute to a specific shoppers group.

Please let me know if this is possible or maybe in a different way that will get the same idea.
Thank you for you time!

PRO

you can try child products, they are like attributes

(Atleast I think you can do this with childs)

Jessica28

Thanks for you replay.
I tried to create the wholesale products as child (which is like a complete separate product with different attribute, just like I wanted - thanks for the idea)
however I have another small issue -->  the regular default user, when they go on the detail page they see the wholesale (child) product option as well - even that it's setup only for wholesale.
and when they click on it, there is an error "404 The requested product does not exist" so it works but why will it show it in the drop down option.
is that a VM bug?
any ideas?

PRO

I talked to milbo about this, and it will not work like this.

I think its best to create totally different Parent products & assign them to shopper groups

Jessica28

Thank you for your replay.
Are there any other ideas? seems like creating a duplicate for about 500 products isn't the greatest thing.

Thank you.