News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Menu on Left Panel missing!!

Started by bradleyj, March 04, 2013, 01:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradleyj

Good day to you...

I recently updated using the automated update feature in VirtueMart (From Version 2.0 to 2.0.18a) and the entire left Menu disappeared in the Administration Panel accept for Products and Product Categories. I cannot configure shipping, payment gateways.. etc!!!

Please advise!

Regards
Brad Jenkins - Learning by Helping
Nothing To It But To Do It!
Grateful to be a part of this creative community!

jenkinhill

A file corruption (or two) during upgrade is most likely. I assume you are using Joomla 2.5.9?

Re-install both VM components using Joomla's extensions installer (you won't lose any product data) - maybe use the latest, which is 2.0.18c   If you are using any template overrides then these will need updating, too, to reflect changes in VM output.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bradleyj

Good day to you,

I followed your instructions. Downloaded VM 2.0.18a (could not find ...18c as advised). I installed the main component and then the aio for VM and still no menu on left, accept for Product and Product Categories!

I am running the latest Joomla 2.5.9 ... Attached is a Screenshot.

Regards and Thank you for your support.
Brad Jenkins

jenkinhill

Are you logged in as superadmin/vendor?
Any extra javascript running in the backend?

2.0.18c is on http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bradleyj

No such luck after updating to 2.0.18c ... I have tried everything. I am logged in a SuperUser... everything else on the site seems to be working. The auto updater wants me to update to version 2.0.18a by the way!

Can I uninstall VirtueMart and re-install without loosing all the products?

This whole thing might have started when the site got hacked by some hacker in Moroco in January... and the server folks recovered the site from a previous date on the server... at least this is what I think happened. I did not try and do anything fancy like change shipping information until a couple weeks after that.

Thanks again for your help with this. I don't want to have to rebuild the site on my own time but if all else fails...

Regards