[SOLVED] Left modules disabled after transfer to live server

Started by albertavm, March 03, 2013, 06:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albertavm

Hi,
After selecting an article in the VM shop, when choosing within pop-up window 1-go to the cart or 2-continue shopping , the left modules disappear and the shop or the cart expand on the wole width. This occurs just since I transferred from local server to live ovh server.
Does someone has some ideas to solve this problem ?
Thanks
VM 2.0.18  Joomla 2.5.9   php 5.3.16

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

albertavm

Hi,
Yes. I backup with Akeeba 3.6.12, FTP then kickstart
In fact, this disappearance of modules in left positions occurs ALSO on the local server.
Should I desinstall VM 2 and reinstall it with no loss of data ?
VM 2.0.18  Joomla 2.5.9   php 5.3.16

PRO

Most of my modules position use this
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-template-and-module-control

or, you could also try
http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/metamod-pro

BUT! if you want a module to show on all pages of a site, have you looked in the module settings?

albertavm

I installed metamod and created 3 replacement modules (type Metamod) on left position but behavior is the same (disabled when going to cart or continuing shopping).

PRO

Quote from: albertavm on March 03, 2013, 20:58:05 PM
I installed metamod and created 3 replacement modules (type Metamod) on left position but behavior is the same (disabled when going to cart or continuing shopping).

either you are doing something wrong or you have not looked for all possible problems to the situation.

does your module settings have "ALL PAGES" checked?

albertavm

OK- Solved Pb
When all pages selected in module manager, the modules in left postions appeared OK when going through the shop (cart, account...) but of course on every pages.
When just the VM shop pages were selected, the modules in left position were disabled when going through the VM shop.
When inverting the selection (all pages selected except the VM related shop pages), the modules in left position stayed during navigation through the VM shop.
(I don't really understand why just selecting the pages to be assigned with the modules does't work specifically with VMshop)

Super Hero & PRO . Appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.