News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Dropdown menu of child variants wrong in 2.0.18c

Started by patrik60, March 02, 2013, 09:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrik60

After installing VM 2.0.18c the dropdown menu shows the child variants in the reverse way. See attached pics. 2018b was correct, 2018c now is wrong.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

There is now an ordering possible, open the parent product. On the first tab, you can see the childs of this product and an ordering. Write your ordering there and store it. The ordering is "ascending". That means the parent is 0 and on top, the childs should have 1 or higher. The feature is quite rudimental written
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

patrik60

Somehow this doesn't work properly: The value of all products (parents and children) in the DB table in the column "pordering" is 0 (ordering in the BE for all childproducts=0). This means the function works only after setting the order for each product. In my case it isn't a problem since I have only 150 products each one with only one child. But what's about shops with a thousand of products with more children?

It would be good to have the possibility in the configuration to set per default an ascending or descending sort. In the parent product the shop owner could than make special modifications with this new function for some products.

But anyway: thanks for the new feature.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Hmmm, I think I got now the problem,
in fact it was using the ordering of the category,... I mean,.. the ordering of a product within a category. This is usually 0, so it is using the fallback and uses the indexes, therefore just the time, when created. Before it was set the opposite, yes. From the normal point of view the ordering starts on top with 1 or 0.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member