News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Calculation Rules: How to apply commission?

Started by bfrylinck, February 28, 2013, 09:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfrylinck

I would like to know if I can apply commission using a calculation rule, but hide the commission amount from the shopper.

If I have a base price of $200 I would like to apply additional cost of 25% on all products but only the final price ($250) must show in the product details and the email that goes to the client must only show the final price ($250) and not the base price before additional 25%.

I have tried using a tax rule as well as price modifier before tax - the problem is that the shopper will then see the price before commission as well as the commission amount in their email notifications and invoices.

What is the best way to set this up?

Thank you

jjk

You can use the 'Price Modifier for Profit Margin' and set it to 'Math Operation': +%, 'Value': 33.3 (a Markup Multiplier of 1,333 equals a 33,33 percent markup, which equals a 25 percent margin - (I suppose the latter is what you are looking for) and set it to 'Visible for Shopper': No.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

bfrylinck

Great, that worked!  I applied a price modifier as suggested and it now automatically applies 25% on the base price of all products - thank you.