Urgent ! aproblem with stock control of product with stockable variants (plugin)

Started by khalil313, February 25, 2013, 09:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalil313

Hi, I'm using virtuemart 2.0.10 and joomla 2.5.6, I have the following problem: a product with a custom stockable variants childs is added without control, if I press the add to cart the product is added many times but its stock is 1 as max. EXAMPLE :  parent product and two childs with size and color:

size=18 color=red stock=1
size=19 color=blue stock=1

in frontend If I make a choice with quantity to 1 and I press add to cart more times , the product is added every time without control.

Please help
Thanks a lot

smird

Are anybody going to solve that problem? Or I at least add any comments?

brentonking

Just coming across this issue myself. Did anyone find a fix?
Only seems to happen with products with custom fields. For me specifically with the stockable variant plugin.

--EDIT--
Actually I just realized that the parent product is set to 1 In Stock, but the child product is set to 7 In Stock.
So it only allows you to add 1 at a time (because of the parent's stock level), but once you've added it individually 7 times, it won't allow you to any more.

Obviously in this case it's best for the system to respond to the child stock level only, because people will have differing stock levels for each child product & will want to be able to add as many as they can, instead of 1 at a time. And parent has to be set at 1, because if you go too high it allows you to add more child products than you have in stock.

jenkinhill

That report was over a year ago with VM2.0.10  - so what version are you using?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

DragonJoli

Hi there,

I am using VM 2.6.6, which I thought was the last one (as it doesn't suggest me to upgrade... ?...), and have that problem too...

mari1980

Quote from: brentonking on June 12, 2014, 13:31:30 PM

--EDIT--
Actually I just realized that the parent product is set to 1 In Stock, but the child product is set to 7 In Stock.
So it only allows you to add 1 at a time (because of the parent's stock level), but once you've added it individually 7 times, it won't allow you to any more.

Obviously in this case it's best for the system to respond to the child stock level only, because people will have differing stock levels for each child product & will want to be able to add as many as they can, instead of 1 at a time. And parent has to be set at 1, because if you go too high it allows you to add more child products than you have in stock.

Hi,
I have the same problem, someone can help me?
Thanks.

Version: vm: 2.6.12 - joomla 2.5.24

GJC Web Design

There are plenty of discussions on this subject on this forum - yes - IMHO the stock control for child variants is not working fully in VM2.6

Afaik it is working with the new custom fields in VM3
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation