News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Registration fields and system emails problems

Started by webbus, February 23, 2013, 12:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webbus

Hello everyone,

I have faced several problems which i can not solve by my self - already read forums, tried everything. I am not that goof at programming, but i got some years of experience with Joomla and VM development.

System information:

Joomla! 2.5.9
VM 2.0.18a
PHP Version 5.2.17
Directory permissions all writeable

1) First problem. Where is registration PHP file? I want to customize registration layout, delete some unnecessary elements. I tried to look in components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl without any luck.

2) Socond problem - when new user registers, he writes his payment information (adress, email, zip etc). But when he goes into checkout, all that information, except email is gone, and user must write it again. I have no idea why, but payment information are not saved during registration. Any idea why and how to solve it? I noticed, that when I configure system that user needs to confirm link in his email on registration, then this problem do not occur. But when I disable it, and user dont need to confirm his email on registration, then payment information are not saved.

3) Third problem. System emails do not work. I tested everything, but users do not receive any emails during registration, nor after placing an order. There is installed AcyMailing component into the system, maybe it is causing this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really desperate already, because I have tried probably everything i know :/

Thank you in advance.

jenkinhill

Please try to ask just one question at a time, and in the right forum section. Asking 3 at once makes it less likely anyone will reply, even if they can help with one of your issues.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104795.0

1. The registration form layout files are in components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl  - and the publication & order of the user fields is set in Configuration/Shopper fields

2. No idea. Are you not just letting shoppers register ar the same time as checkout? I never had a problem with that.

3. If even registration mail is not sending then check the mail configuration in Joomla Configuration/Server/ Mail Settings  - some shared hosts do not permit the use pf PHP sendmail so have to use smtp.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

webbus

Thank you for reply, jenkinhill

I do not want to spam the forum with trhee separate topics, so I just put everything in one topic :) Yet I  think the problem here is somehow connected...

I managed to edit registration form as I need it.

However, i cant figure out what is wrong with not saving user fields during registration, and what is wrong with not sending emails.

I found one similar topic in this forum, but there is no clear explanation how people managed to fix it: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106905.0

System emails are working for me. When i test everything with Joomla Mass mail - user gets email just fine. But users do not receive any emails after registration/placing order etc. There is only the problem with VM.

Also, after registration, all Billing info are not saved. But when user goes to checkout, and if he writed all fields from there - everything is just fine.

Very weird situation, I never seen anything like this before.

Any ideas where should i'd be looking for solution? Maybe there could be something wrong with DB? Site address is elais.lt

And thank you in advance again.