News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Stock Problem

Started by Luk, February 21, 2013, 00:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luk

Hello
I'm new here and not to familiar in VM system so You guys here are my last chance .

I'm using :
Joomla : 2.5.9
VM : 2.0.18a

My problem :

The stock doesn't work , anyone is allowed to order as many products as he or she want and my VM will allow this  :(

It's really strange because if a customer would like to order let say 3 same products and the availability is only 2 then VM shows a message : NOT ALLOWED...
So the customer is allowed to buy only two items - and this is fine of course , but....

After a shopping session is closed the same customer or basically any other customer can buy the same product again (I should mention here that my VM should hide product but it does not).

What is more interesting :
- The availability icon is never shown (it is shown only if I change the stock manually to 0 )
- The comments for products don't work - I never get any for approve
- I look at the statistics (Control panel/Statistics) and my number of active products exceeds the true number of products  :o

I'm guessing it's some kind of database problem , but i have no idea how to deal with this .
Basically I can't run my shop because in this way I will get huge troubles .

I'll be very thankful for any help

P.S. - My English is rather poor, so if there is any problem with understanding me , please ask , ask , ask for clarifications .

Regards Luk

Luk

No one has any idea ???

I'm not expecting a whole solution , but some idea where to look at ....

jenkinhill

Are you using the setting:   Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button  in Configuration/Shopfront / Action when a Product is Out of Stock

Is the stock reducing each time an order is made?

Are you using Product Variants (eg sizes)? If so are you using the Stockable Variants plugin?  ( http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100480.0 )

Is any problem showing in Joomla's Extension Manager - Check Database?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Luk

Hi , Thanks for Your replay

Ad1. Yes I'm using "Notify Me" and "Hide product if unavailable"
Ad2. No , the stock is never changing :/
Ad3. No I don't use any stock Variants (if it's important : I'm using weight of product to calculate shipment)
Ad4. No, no problems or maybe one :

30 changes to the database structure does not apply to tables and have been omitted - VM shows exactly 30 active products more than i truly have

And one more think , my virtuemart shows me that I have the current version (2.0.18a) but on website the new one is 2.0.18b - strange ??

Best regards Luk

jenkinhill

If stock is never changing then I suspect there is either a file corruption during installation or some JavaScript conflict on the site.

The autoupdater does not pick up the latest version, but going up to 2.0.18b does fix a few bugs - see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113052.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Luk

Does it mean I should reinstall my VM ??

jenkinhill

Check for js conflicts first, eg try to debug the js with Firebug. https://getfirebug.com/errors

If you are using template overrides then try without - switch Joomla to the beez template and check if stock reduction works there. Note if you are using a commercial Joomla template there is a strong possibility that it uses overrides.

If not that then re-install, use Joomla's extensions installer to do thet, you won't lose any products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Luk

Hello ,

I check what You said and unfortunately - nothing :/ still the same problem :( .

The company which create this website don't respond , they switch off their phones and ignore my emails :/ .

I'm stuck .

I moved my website in to my PC  and I'm checking the database now there are some strange things (like for example 30 more products in the database then i truly have :/) but it's seems to me it's working ...

If You have any more ideas please post

Best regards Luk

jenkinhill

It is working on a local copy on your PC? What is the PHP version on the webserver?  You can check this in Joomla Site/System information
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Luk

Sorry , I made a mistake in my last post .

It is working - I mean the database works fine , but ordering products cause the same problems .

If it's still important my website PHP is : 5.2.17

And i have additional question about my local site : I get a lot off errors usually like : 

Accessing static property TableRatings::$_query_cache as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\MySite\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\vmtable.php on line 60
or :
Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplication::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\MySite\includes\application.php on line 539

Those errors are shown only on my local site - is this normal ??

I'm asking because i don't know is it a symptom of mistakes at my Live Site , or maybe it is normal on local machines (mean the local sites should be prepared in some special way??)

Luk

Hello

Today  I would like to share a simple solution to fix my problem .

The problem was wrong setting at order statuses - I have status : Order Confirmed , but inside this status was : Is Available .

So for VirtueMart this means - don't change stock status .

Simple as that :D - but not for me ,  this was discovered by Werian a Moderator at polish VirtueMart forum .

Thanks to all .

best regards Luk