News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Checkout validation starts with States/Province - why? Also validation style...

Started by olgri, February 20, 2013, 12:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olgri

I have tried testing checkout without filling out any of the fields.
Add a product to your shopping cart, move to check out, then click "Register and Checkout" (without filling any fields in).
The first thing happens is that it jumps to State/Province/Region selection dropdown saying "Please select an item in the list" (it is required but cannot be selected as Country hasn't been selected either). The Shopper Fields order hasn't been altered. Defaults: Country is 38 and State/Province is 40.
So this is the first issue - how to make validation follow the order of the fields (it should start with First Name in my case) or, even better, display all errors at once.

Second bug in chekout is that it's styled differently. I.e. you get a tooltip next to States/Provinces field and the errors are listed at the top of the page for all other fields (see screenshots attached). Why?
How can I make it all the same (preferably just list all errors at the top of the page)?

Joomla 2.5.9 & VM 2.0.18a

[attachment cleanup by admin]

olgri

Validation looks much better and smarter in the VM demo: http://demo.virtuemart.net/index.php/2012-01-13-09-33-20/account-maintenance/editaddresscheckoutBT
However you don't get it in the default VM install :(  :(  :(

How do I make it like in the demo? Template overrides?? ...or is it just a bug in VM 2.0.18a??

aarondwyer

That demo is using a custom template with overrides. It certainly is much clearer than the default install.