News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Tax being added to product's custom field option - not wanted!

Started by seaniemorris, February 20, 2013, 11:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaniemorris

Hi there,

I have a 'Size' custom field that can be added to my products, and under the Custom Field tab in any Product, I can add this. However, if, for example, L, XL and XXL there is an extra charge, which I add e.g. €5.00000 into the 'Price' field, when viewing the product in the shop end the VAT is being added to those size options before Add to Basket (i.e., not just €5 but +23% = €6.15) - this I don't want to happen! What am I missing from the tax calculation in order to have it exempt from any custom field options for any product?

Thanks in advance,

Seanie.

seaniemorris

My own solution to this problem has been to calculate the pre-tax price of the custom field option add-on. Not desirable, but it works.

Seanie.

mignonnette

Has the same problem. hope to find out the best solution

illusiondrmr

+1 here.. "calculate the pre-tax price of the custom field option " is an option but ain't practical @ all considering the amount of calculations need to be done... Also, it ain't correct cause the final end user will see (+100euros) in the dropdown selection and when he clicks it will magically be +123euros (considering u got 23% VAT tax).. So, this is VERY misleading..

Vm1 didn't have that issue.. Somethings fixed and somethings for a weird reason are ruined in vm2 ;<

Rixters

I've got the same problem! Base price is € 100,- including tax. When I add a custom field with € 10,- a pice of € 12,10 gets added to the base price. Add the end there wil be double tax added to the custom field product! My tax is setup: Vat tax per product (+21%)

Hope someone has a solution!

Thanks in advance for any help.

illusiondrmr

I hope for an answer from any VM developer, even if its "Sorry, we cant do anything".

illusiondrmr

seaniemorris

Quote from: illusiondrmr on March 22, 2013, 13:58:03 PM
I hope for an answer from any VM developer, even if its "Sorry, we cant do anything".

Nah, unlikely. The amount of similar threads I have founf on these forums with NO replies with the creative, coding community is disheartening. VM2 has been a big let down for me.

What I must continue to do is take out the calculator and double back to get the pre-tax price. When you have a lot of goods, it's annoying.

Seanie.

Milbo

Guys, I am sorry, but ....

First the people said it is a bug that that it is not shown with tax. Yepp I am experienced now and know that there are people who want it exactly this way, so I added a config setting. Please check the pricing tab and search for "Display variant prices with tax " disable it and be happy.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

illusiondrmr

Quote from: Milbo on April 10, 2013, 17:43:55 PM
Guys, I am sorry, but ....

First the people said it is a bug that that it is not shown with tax. Yepp I am experienced now and know that there are people who want it exactly this way, so I added a config setting. Please check the pricing tab and search for "Display variant prices with tax " disable it and be happy.

Ahh an answer !! ;>
Im using 2.0.20b saw this option, i unchecked it, but nothing happened. Again, the tax(VatTax Per Product) is added to the price of the cart variant custom field. Am i doing something wrong ?

schluff81

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a way to show the custom field price including a tax. This is essential in Germany due to german law. Are there any extensions which enable this or does anyone know a core hack?

thx,
Daniel

CSPS

If I have understood your question, can't you do this under
Virtuemart > Configuration > Pricing > tick box 'Display variant prices with tax ' 

nikpony

I have decided that i would never again use VM but a customer wanted a template that was VM and i didn't have many choices...
So again bugs and problems as always...this bug also seems in my occasion and i want to fix it quickly.
I made an update to the 2.0.20, i also unchecked the Display variant prices with tax but nothing changed.
Can a developer fix it or do you want to lose fans every day with your bugs?

JurgenG

Hello all.

I had the same issue (v2.0.16). The added value on the dropdown list of the variant-list was without tax and upon changing the variant the final price had the variant value included but WITH tax.
The solution provided by Milbo did not resolve this at least not totally..... at first.

Doing some digging in the core files i stumbled upon a line in \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\calculationh.php line 1096:
function calculateCustomPriceWithTax($price, $override_id=0) { .....

Changed the 0 into 1 and Milbo's solution worked. (For me atleast)
function calculateCustomPriceWithTax($price, $override_id=1) { .....

The variant values in the dropdown list are now INCLUDING TAX.
In the backend the price has still be inserted as EXCLUDING TAX

Maybe this will help others aswell.

seweryn

Hello, I have this problem in VM 2.0.8 (I can't make updte to the new version because I have a lot of my own changes in code of VM).

I would invert function, that I write in admin product tab price with TAX, and then this price is displayed in drop list on front and this price is adding to default product price.
Where can I find appropriate functions in VM, which I should modify?

Please help.
I use VirtueMart 2.0.22c & Joomla 2.5.14